Curtis Osano to MK Dons

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Curtis Osano to MK Dons

Post by BartonRaz »

Strong rumour. Apparently they have made a 50k bid. (which i'd like us to reject!)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Curtis Osano to MK Dons

Post by davealbon »

I hope we tell them to go f*** themselves if they insult us by offering such a pathetically paltry amount for the Kenyan King. Quadruple it, then it would be worth considering, although I hope to god that if Osano does leave us he goes anywhere other than that vile excuse for a football club (apart from the Wobbl£r$ or Ploppies, but he wouldn't want to play for a team who are actually worse than us)!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
ID

Post by ID »

I can't see any team paying more than £75,000-£100,000 for a BSP defender, I'm afraid.

Hopefully we'll get nothing because he'll be staying with us.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think we'd have to think seriously about 50k if there are clauses involved. Like ID said no-one will pay more than 75-100k for a BSP defender. I still think MK should up the bid though to around the 80k mark.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

£50k? Are they taking the piss?! I'd want at least £80k for the King plus a 30% sell on fee. We can get more for him, much more.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

I'm not so sure a sell on fee, would be that good an idea, if he went mk dons, he wouldn't go higher and then a drop down would mean we make no money, i think we should hold onto these players for now, if we get to the end of the season and we're not in the playoffs, then we should tell the likes of tommo and osano your free to talk to whoever, but at this moment, they should focus on getting us up, we have the squad thats capable of going up, why tear it apart for 50 grand (that sort of money is pathetic) when we're at the stage of the season that could really make or break....i hope we see no one leave this january as the money will do sweet fa right imo.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Isn't Osano's contract up at the end of the season? If so, it may present a problem.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Mad Dog wrote:Isn't Osano's contract up at the end of the season? If so, it may present a problem.
Yeah Im pretty sure it is.

I think as a Rushden fan 50k seems disappointing but how many other conference defenders have gone for that sort of money lately. I'd be disappointed to see him go but i think he will if this is true and i wish him all the best
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I think we are getting a bit of heart ruling the head, 50k is decent money for someone we signed for free and was about the figure Peterborough paid for exodus from K*ttering, if as has been mentioned his contract is up at the end of the year I think we should take it.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
danielp4219

Post by danielp4219 »

Well this is all very worrying, could potentially be a very destructive transfer window for us.