Conference appeal hearing moved...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Conference appeal hearing moved...

Post by BartonRaz »

From Wednesday 29th of June to Tuesday July 5th.

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but probably deserves its own thread. Apparently it is to allow enough time for all evidence to be submitted, but here's a couple of other reasons I believe are probably closer to the truth.

- In my opinion The FA are more likely to accept our case and reinstate us, that would have been a bit embarrassing for the Conference if they'd have thrown out our appeal a day previous.

- July 5th is the day after our winding-up hearing. Meaning there is probably a 90% chance the meeting won't even take place.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Conference appeal hearing moved...

Post by Pigman »

Shameful ! But are we surprised?

The FA aren't interested and are looking for a way out, if the Court are presented with evidence on Monday showing funds are there and ready to invest in R&DFC immediately after said appeal (if successful) then surely they would be negligent if they wound us up? What about the creditors in that scenario?

If on the otherhand they give us a stay of execution again (very unlikely) and our appeal IS successful the following day (even more unlikely) then the funds roll in from our foreign investors - where the hell will we play anyway? Perhaps we'll play at RR on the days the scum aren't there, and at NP when they are? That was said in jest I hasten to add !!

This has been a farce from start to finish and all involved in it should hang their heads in shame ! But they won't of course, because they have no class and not one ounce of decency amongst them ! Even if we do survive, R&DFC will be severely tainted for me personally !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

Although the winding up petition was adjourned for 3 weeks the hearing may not be exactly 3 weeks to the day. It depends when the next liquidation court is sitting after that date.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Ahhh I see, I was under the impression a date had been set for the winding up hearing.

If we do survive, I just hope the deal with whoever comes in" includes sorting out all the creditors £ for £ what they're owned, and not some derisory offer of x p in the £.

If we survive and don't treat the people we owe money to properly it will be an empty survival as far as I'm concerned. I've pretty much lost all respect for R&DFC (or the way its been run) as it is, but screw over the creditors just to survive? I'd find that hard to cope with personally.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well said Pigman,thats how i feel ,my wife is a creditor ,a landlady,we look after the lads for two years,we were led up the path by the owners with all their promises like many others, we gave the club a lot of time in pre-season cleaning and painting.Just the total lack of respect and lies has diluted my affection for RDFC.We do need all our money so lets hope if we are saved they sort the right people out in full.
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

Needless to say I am feeling very bitter about the whole thing and whilst i will never go and watch K*ttering at Nene Park there is a part of me that lost any commitment to the Club and so will not be at the meeting for AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

I know that all sounds very selfish but I do also feel for the players, management team etc, staff and all the other creditors.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

You've got more reason than most to feel like that DM !! I think its so sad that someone with so much passion for the club should have it taken away from them, I feel as though everything that was good about R&D has turned rotten, I'm at that point I'm not even sure if I want it to survive, not at the expense of so many good people who are owed money.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but decency and respect seem to have evaporated don't they?

Its a shame you won't be at the AFC meeting on Friday, your knowledge and experience would have been greatly received I'm sure, but I do fully understand how you feel and no, I don't think your being selfish, not one bit - its just sad that you've been made to feel like that.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Yes i feel the same as DM my enthusiasm has gone,once bitten twice shy as they say,so i also do not feel i want to go to Fridays AFC meeting .
The Conference appeal has been moved as said on a previous post so to save the conference board from making a decision ,that may already have been made for them .
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

It depends how you look at it. I would not damn Rushden & Diamonds for the actions of its owners, present or past, to do so would like be blaming the car for the carelessness of the driver.

It's up to each individual, but I feel that the best outcome is to build the phoenix club, to build it and help it grow. To do otherwise for me would mean that those who have destroyed the current club have won.

I feel that not everything to do with RDFC is rotten, as the phoenix club will show. The friendships and bonds that we made will never be tainted and if we pool our strength, can continue as RDFC dies and AFCR&D (for want of anything else until a name is officially chosen) is reborn.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

Mad Dog wrote:It depends how you look at it. I would not damn Rushden & Diamonds for the actions of its owners, present or past, to do so would like be blaming the car for the carelessness of the driver.

It's up to each individual, but I feel that the best outcome is to build the phoenix club, to build it and help it grow. To do otherwise for me would mean that those have destroyed the current club have won.

I feel that not everything to do with RDFC is rotten, as the phoenix club will show. The friendships and bonds that we made will never be tainted and if we pool our strength, can continue as RDFC dies and AFCR&D (for want of anything else until a name is officially chosen) is reborn.
couldnt of phrased that any better
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.