Staff Appeal

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Staff Appeal

Post by 001 »

Dear All, I am a friend of one of the members of staff at RDFC and as such would like to put forward this appeal to anyone who may be able to help.

NOTE-when i refer to staff i mean the following-
EVENTS- 1 person
STADIUM AND SITE MAINTENANCE- 3 persons
STADIUM AND SITE CLEANING- 2 persons
LAUNDRY- 1 person
GROUNDS- 1 person

These are the 8 full time staff who made it possible for RDFC to exist both before and after the new ownership and most importantly during the period March to now when RDFC have been trading insolvently.

To clarify none of these staff have recieved any salary whatsoever for April, May and June. Some of these staff recieved full or partial salary for March 2011.

(not anyone else, not part time or players or people on the playing side)

Lets not beat about the bush the staff have been treated disgracefully at RDFC over the past few months infact you could say the whole of 2011.

By not being paid yet being asked to attend work daily for three months has had the following consequences for some staff-

Baliffs visits for various defaults on repayments
Standing order defaults
Having to break interest accounts losing significant money in the process to use money to pay bills
In one case a home eviction from a rented property
A vehicle re-possession due to default on payment
Council tax arrears
holiday cancellation
deppression and illness

Not only this it has not been proven yet but it is quite possible the staff's tax credits have not been paid and thus the staff themselves are liable to this! Perhaps someone can clarify this!

So simply the club has been trading with money coming in yet staff not being paid-even now there are nene park events and staff are not paid!

The communication has been diabolical to say the least and as i understand it the management has not been contactable for at least one month.

Imagine this- you are employed but not paid, technically the place you work has been re-possesed by a landlord, you cannot resign, there is no point of contact, you cannot claim any benefits as you are employed-it is total no mans land and it goes all the time but say for one month maximum, but not for three f^&&)^n months which is enough time to destroy someone.

Then the club goes to appeal to delay this abortion even further!

Can anyone help as even free legal advice is a-not free and b-confusing.

The staff would appreciate it i am sure-

anyone want to contact me direct in private here is my email-

timgoose4410@googlemail.com

I just want to help friend who has bent over backwards for the club but been squatted like a mosquito in return! If we can help to get these staff what they are owed regardless of RDFC existence it would be a great show from you all after what these people have given as it was never just a job for them either.

Regards Tim
Dinky Diamond

Re: Staff Appeal

Post by Dinky Diamond »

Tim, really dreadful position you find yourself in, I was in a similar position and had to pull the plug on my resources on May 21st having not been paid at all despite my efforts bringing in ample funds - I too have been unable to gather whether any taxes have been paid.

I did PM you last Sunday and you do need to get together and get some sound advice - it does not surprise me that Mr & Mr Beasants our intrepid owners have not been seen for over a month (despite their apparent squeaky clean vision of their part in our downfall), I would write letters outlining losses for salary and any penalties incurred from banks or lenders and send this to the club by recorded delivery now/tomorrow - I was under the impression that KC was going to remunerate the 8 staff who have truly done a fantastic job - what the hell changed!

Once again innocent victims suffer at the hands of incompetent owners who should never have been put in such a position - really hope something comes right for your friend and the other seven brilliant people!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The first port of call is ACAS

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2042

The second is Directgov

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm

The third is legal aid

http://www.legalservices.gov.uk/public/ ... al_aid.asp

The fourth is welfare rights

http://www.welfarerights.net/home.php

Technically they're still employed however if they want to try and claim some kind of benefits it's ;-

0800 055 66 88 to make a new claim.
AFC R & D member number 34
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

I sympathise with you 001 the club have treated all creditors with contempt,i thought there were laws to help them!We have also had no money for the youth lads that had digs at our house since january,we also took in two other lads who had been evicted from other digs due to the club not paying their landlady!
They have not even tried to contact us to explain,so i personally have had to use my money from my everyday business to pay for them to live.So as for an AFC club being born i am not too interested,why should people just be let off the hook,peoples lives have been messed with enough,some will not recover,i urge anyone who reads your post 001 and can give you advice please reply.I feel sorry for all the staff and other creditors.
Three of Diamonds

The AFC club is being born because we agree with you ferrers, we didn't cause those problems the owners of R & DFC did. Please take it out on them NOT the AFC club.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

We are also in a similar position to ferrers, owed a considerable sum for boys digs, but like Ferrers you couldn,t put the boys out it wasn,t their fault and i think that certain people played on that, We simply join the long list of creditors
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

At the moment TOD i am angry .Thats how i feel.
Three of Diamonds

ferrers wrote:At the moment TOD i am angry .Thats how i feel.
Join the queue fella, join the queue - I don't doubt you :evil:

Make sure you're angry at the right people though eh ?
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

Yes and I am bitter too.

The fact that the PAYE has not been physically paid does not effect the individuals. If your P60 shows the amount as paid then that responsibility is down to the employer and HMRC treat it as paid when calculating your personal tax liabilities.

When the club loses it's appeal this week and subsequently goes into admin and is subsequently wound up the creditors will get nothing.

I believe the staff may be able to claim some recompense from the government in due course not that that helps you in the interim though.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Guys, AFCR&D is being set up by the fans who have been screwed over as well, including a number who are also set to lose hundreds of pounds in season ticket money.