A couple of ideas

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

A couple of ideas

Post by rudolph_hucker »

1, setting up an Ebay account. Needs a body that can dedicate time to it.

2, Putting in a bid for football related materials from administrators, goal posts/nets, footballs for training and other stuff.

3, Sorting out a kit soon and ordering about 100 extra shirts to keep costs down, we will all want a replica shirt.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: A couple of ideas

Post by bozzer »

Brilliant ideas, are you coming on sat?, if so speak with Darren about these
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

bozzer wrote:Brilliant ideas, are you coming on sat?, if so speak with Darren about these

Mo mate family commitments, you can pass them on though. ;)
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by davealbon »

That's three ideas, not a couple. ;)

I don't know if the eBay route has been looked at - did you have something specific in mind for this?

Marshall (tech_head) has already been in contact with the administrators, and discussions are in progress regarding kit for next season; that includes playing strips, training kit and some promotional t-shirts. We should have a limited number of AFC R&D t-shirts available at Saturday's trials/meeting.

We've actually had some very generous offers of free kit, so as soon as the badge design is decided upon we can get things in motion.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

davealbon wrote:That's three ideas, not a couple. ;)

I don't know if the eBay route has been looked at - did you have something specific in mind for this?

Marshall (tech_head) has already been in contact with the administrators, and discussions are in progress regarding kit for next season; that includes playing strips, training kit and some promotional t-shirts. We should have a limited number of AFC R&D t-shirts available at Saturday's trials/meeting.

We've actually had some very generous offers of free kit, so as soon as the badge design is decided upon we can get things in motion.
All sounds very promising, will have to try and get an AFC R&D t-shirt. And if we're trying to get hold of R&D items(through auction?), I'd suggest trying to get hold of the heat presses that were in the shop (through auction?) for putting badges on shirts and clothing, if possible obviously.

And getting an ebay or online shop set up would be really good and I'd guess it would be our only way of selling any merchandise in the next 12 months, there'll be plenty of people who'd buy the usual stuff like pencils, t-shirts, mugs, caps etc etc with the new AFC logo on of course, would be another important revenue stream for the new club.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Dave, I was on a roll.

The idea is instead of having a car boot sale we could donate things to the trust, which would then be listed alongside the other merchandise. It needs someone that has time to list the items and to send them off. A single bank account/paypal linked directly to the trust should be easy to set up. Its an idea I nicked from my mate
nick

Post by nick »

Don't set up an eBay account. Just have a merchandise section of the saverdfc website. Or the new official website, whatever that may be.
Last edited by nick on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

Sorry, Olly, but I think the heat-presses had just about broken down. I know Matt was struggling to get them to print anything at all just before he left.

If an auction of memorabilia occurs we ought to try to obtain some of it to set up a history of Diamonds archive - perhaps the local library or similar could display it until we have suitable premises.
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

Just wanted to say that I hope the new kit both for the youth team and next years first team still wont have a number 1. That shirt was retired at Rushden and Diamonds FC I know but I would still like it to be retired at AFC as a mark of respect (this is coming from somewho who would love to be in goal for the seniors next year ;) )
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by bozzer »

alex_RDFC wrote:Just wanted to say that I hope the new kit both for the youth team and next years first team still wont have a number 1. That shirt was retired at Rushden and Diamonds FC I know but I would still like it to be retired at AFC as a mark of respect (this is coming from somewho who would love to be in goal for the seniors next year ;) )

Of course not, we spoke about that the other night, and all agreed on that.
AFC R&D Member No. 67