A couple of ideas

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
alex_RDFC

Re: A couple of ideas

Post by alex_RDFC »

bozzer wrote:
alex_RDFC wrote:Just wanted to say that I hope the new kit both for the youth team and next years first team still wont have a number 1. That shirt was retired at Rushden and Diamonds FC I know but I would still like it to be retired at AFC as a mark of respect (this is coming from somewho who would love to be in goal for the seniors next year ;) )

Of course not, we spoke about that the other night, and all agreed on that.

Sorry for my dim witted reading of that but do you mean of course there will be a number 1 or ofcourse we wont have a number 1?

I would love to attend some of the meeting but I have commitments through sport and work most nights
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Cotty wrote:Sorry, Olly, but I think the heat-presses had just about broken down. I know Matt was struggling to get them to print anything at all just before he left.
Ah, not surprising really, I know the larger one had been falling apart for a while.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

rudolph_hucker wrote:1, setting up an Ebay account. Needs a body that can dedicate time to it.

2, Putting in a bid for football related materials from administrators, goal posts/nets, footballs for training and other stuff.

3, Sorting out a kit soon and ordering about 100 extra shirts to keep costs down, we will all want a replica shirt.
I've got some brilliant contacts for kit etc, will bring details along on saturday 8-)
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

alex_RDFC wrote:
bozzer wrote:
alex_RDFC wrote:Just wanted to say that I hope the new kit both for the youth team and next years first team still wont have a number 1. That shirt was retired at Rushden and Diamonds FC I know but I would still like it to be retired at AFC as a mark of respect (this is coming from somewho who would love to be in goal for the seniors next year ;) )

Of course not, we spoke about that the other night, and all agreed on that.

Sorry for my dim witted reading of that but do you mean of course there will be a number 1 or ofcourse we wont have a number 1?

I would love to attend some of the meeting but I have commitments through sport and work most nights
Sorry i meant of course there won't be a number 1 jersey with AFC
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Pete »

I would have thought that as and when a senior side gets set up, any starting team will have to wear 1-11 and the subs wear the numbers after that because, as I understand it, there's no squad number system below BSBP level. Is this not in FA rules? I would have thought so. I remember FIFA told Argentina that they were not allowed to retire the 10 shirt in honour of Maradona losing some weight, or something. I also suspect this applies at youth level but I appreciate there will be people around with much more knowledge on this than me.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by davealbon »

Pete wrote:I would have thought that as and when a senior side gets set up, any starting team will have to wear 1-11 and the subs wear the numbers after that because, as I understand it, there's no squad number system below BSBP level. Is this not in FA rules? I would have thought so. I remember FIFA told Argentina that they were not allowed to retire the 10 shirt in honour of Maradona losing some weight, or something. I also suspect this applies at youth level but I appreciate there will be people around with much more knowledge on this than me.
I don't know what the rules are regarding shirt numbers at the levels our teams will play at, but it's something we can ask the leagues/NFA. It may be different for goalkeeper though, as they are easily identified without a number.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

davealbon wrote:
Pete wrote:I would have thought that as and when a senior side gets set up, any starting team will have to wear 1-11 and the subs wear the numbers after that because, as I understand it, there's no squad number system below BSBP level. Is this not in FA rules? I would have thought so. I remember FIFA told Argentina that they were not allowed to retire the 10 shirt in honour of Maradona losing some weight, or something. I also suspect this applies at youth level but I appreciate there will be people around with much more knowledge on this than me.
I don't know what the rules are regarding shirt numbers at the levels our teams will play at, but it's something we can ask the leagues/NFA. It may be different for goalkeeper though, as they are easily identified without a number.
It shouldn't be an issue. I played with a team with a cb who always wore 15. Simply because it was the biggest shirt we had and he lived in the gym. Also when I was sent off last year (UCL level) the sub keeper also came on wearing a number 1 shirt in a different colour. as long as the shirt numbers are correct on the team sheet and nobody is wearing the same as each other you don't have an issue....much more likely to get done for wearing different coloured under shorts to match shorts :/. Most teams just do 1-11 cos you only have to buy shirts 1-16 and the manager likes you have to "earn the shirt".... Of course I could be wrong lol
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I would have thought our reason would be understood and hopefully those with power take it into consideration if it does go against their rules.
I believe the No.23 is still on the back of every Man City home programme stating 'Retired in remembrance of Marc Vivien Foe' and this is something I believe we should do instead of just leaving it blank. I don't think we'd need programmes for the youth team this forthcoming season, though?
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

Diamond Warrior wrote:I would have thought our reason would be understood and hopefully those with power take it into consideration if it does go against their rules.
I believe the No.23 is still on the back of every Man City home programme stating 'Retired in remembrance of Marc Vivien Foe' and this is something I believe we should do instead of just leaving it blank. I don't think we'd need programmes for the youth team this forthcoming season, though?
No we wouldn't, and I'm not sure we have to do a programme for the UCL either, although I imagine we would probably want to. I think it's a very good idea to do the same as Man City for our number 1 shirt.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

WHEN we get the senior side up and running, I personally think it'd be great to invite Dale's mum and dad down to our first ever game, just so they realise we haven't forgotten him...............maybe I'm just a sentimental old thing, but I think it'd be a great gesture.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51