Filthy Animal

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Filthy Animal

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I agree with DC actually. Let's stop whining, I think it is a wind-up and probably a bit of marketing from KC/IL and the ET, who after losing a readership in Diamonds fans, won't want to lose K*ttering fans. Therefore they'll not want small attendances at NP this season because it would affect them.

The ET for me has gone down in my estimation recently, things like this and actually printing Ted's comments in their paper show them to be quite a crap newspaper. When you can't read reader's comments and see them for what they are (a blatent wind-up) then you really are amateurish.

We had a good moan about those people that supported NP on the night after the last fans' forum, let's not do it again and instead just pity those mentally deranged people silently. It's really not worth doing anything more, channel the anger into AFC. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Why get angry at AFC? :lol:
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Some of the responses are a bit ott,everyone is entitled to their opinion,i want AFC to succeed as much as our fans,people will try other clubs at all levels as our saturdays will be left free.I myself will go to work on more saturdays now as i am self-employed,but i loved my saturdays at Nene Park and various away games and my family were with me ,it was good to share it with them.
When i moved to the area 6-7 years ago i went to Nene Park as i enjoyed watching football and found our level then League 2 to be enjoyable and not too expensive it gave me a break from work,then my kids and wife got the bug!
This has now been taken away from us through some very bad mis management,we will still go to the AFC games but i will feel i will need to watch something else,i want to see some of our ex-players in their new teams so i may go down to Nene Park to watch the odd game as an away fan,i used to live in Watford and may go down and see them ,or watch the local UCL games to get an idea of what we would need for next year,i love football so i am an open case,but iam sure if AFC gets going my heart and support will be with them as being part of the road to what would be a greater and more pure success would be very enjoyable,there will be a few like myself dont put them off with the agressive
tone of posts,we have to attract and show them they are wanted.
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Oh and I searched the 2011 Electoral Roll earlier and no Fish lives in Finedon. Soooo... KC's or IL's handwriting?

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Of course not everyone is on the electoral register only those who have registered. :lol:
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I also did a couple of checks on 192.com and couldn't find anything either. I'm thorough in my detective work.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
PhilM2

Post by PhilM2 »

ferrers wrote:Some of the responses are a bit ott,everyone is entitled to their opinion,i want AFC to succeed as much as our fans,people will try other clubs at all levels as our saturdays will be left free.I myself will go to work on more saturdays now as i am self-employed,but i loved my saturdays at Nene Park and various away games and my family were with me ,it was good to share it with them.
When i moved to the area 6-7 years ago i went to Nene Park as i enjoyed watching football and found our level then League 2 to be enjoyable and not too expensive it gave me a break from work,then my kids and wife got the bug!
This has now been taken away from us through some very bad mis management,we will still go to the AFC games but i will feel i will need to watch something else,i want to see some of our ex-players in their new teams so i may go down to Nene Park to watch the odd game as an away fan,i used to live in Watford and may go down and see them ,or watch the local UCL games to get an idea of what we would need for next year,i love football so i am an open case,but iam sure if AFC gets going my heart and support will be with them as being part of the road to what would be a greater and more pure success would be very enjoyable,there will be a few like myself dont put them off with the agressive
tone of posts,we have to attract and show them they are wanted.
Couldnt agree more.

The loss of RDFC is a bitter blow, and I'll miss watching the Diamonds at NP. No-one that knows the effort I have made in the past to visit games having lived in France since 2004 can doubt my commitment to the club. But I agree with you. There's no need for agression and nastiness against people that want to go watch other teams now that RDFC is finished. I dont feel any desire to go back to Nene Park, but who knows, if a friend or relative invites me along, I wont say no.

Good luck to the Pheonix club, I'll try to come see some games if it gets underway. Good luck to local football in general, its going to need it.

As for aggression against other football fans, I think that is sad, and unfortunate. I'm not interested in any of that.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I spoke to my Gramp earlier who comes from Finedon and he's never heard of this person. He usually knows everyone, it seems. My nan, who is in her 70's also said ''I wish the Evening Telegraph would stop printed what that King Ted writes. He's a t**t.'' I've never known her to swear before. haha!
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Hedgehog wrote:I think this is a made up name - try searching for Pete Fish in Finedon on any of the main directories - I can't find it! More likely a Sadact / KC marketing ploy to undermine the AFC initiative and to attract a few extra bums on seats for franchise football FC.

My thoughts exactly when I read that piece, this is KC's work, it has his fingerprints all over it.

We could easily check with CID :D

EDIT: I also haven't bought the ET in over 10 years, it's the only paper that could make fish & Chips taste like shit 8-)
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

I almost feel sorry for the K*ttering fans. Not only do they have to watch their team play at a ground that they have detested and called plastic for so long but they also get to mingle with the most plastic type of supporter that can switch their allegiance so easily. Fancy losing real fans by moving away from RR and gaining the likes of "Pete Fish". I hope Ladak's got an ace up his sleeve because if Cousins is so ruthless in shafting what is supposedly "his" club then he isn't going to show them any mercy and much as we love to hate each other, I don't want them to go through what we have had to endure.