Mrs. Thompson.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
DiamondsFan

Re: Mrs. Thompson.....

Post by DiamondsFan »

Saw her at Corby tonight. She is looking old and withered these days.
scot

Post by scot »

DiamondsFan wrote:Saw her at Corby tonight. She is looking old and withered these days.
You were at Corby tonight :!: young Jeff and i was too.Quite enjoyed it,tidy little stadium.
AFC R&D Member 480
detoxbirdy

Post by detoxbirdy »

Diamonds fans at Corby eh????....whatever next :roll: :lol:

It's her Football CV commitments that she is in fact talking about
The General

Post by The General »

Guys your more then welcome to Come and watch Corby when your Afc team is not playing. This is not a come and support Corby post its a if you have no game and were at home pop over and watch us. I will not lie i had a rye smile when the shit it the fan over at Nene park but like i say more then happy to see a few of you over at Steel park. I think you might like a few of the Anti Poppies chants lol.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The General wrote:Guys your more then welcome to Come and watch Corby when your Afc team is not playing. This is not a come and support Corby post its a if you have no game and were at home pop over and watch us. I will not lie i had a rye smile when the shit it the fan over at Nene park but like i say more then happy to see a few of you over at Steel park. I think you might like a few of the Anti Poppies chants lol.
I don't know why you'd have a rye smile on your face at our demise, you've had everything handed on a plate yourselves (by your local council).
AFC R & D member number 34
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

a wry smile - unless you've been drinking rye whisky! And, while I've got my grammar police hat on, on an earlier post on this thread, Mrs T needs a poll, not a pole, unless her 'old and withered body' has taken up erotic dancing!
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Mrs T has also stood down from her roles within the Football Conference.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two of Diamonds wrote:....... you've had everything handed on a plate yourselves (by your local council).
Correct. Corby Town FC had financial problems in the early 80's and their ground at Occupation Road was acquired by the Council (and developed for housing) to pay off their debts. Rockingham Triangle Stadium was developed by the Council as a joint home for Corby Town FC and Corby Athletic Club and both these clubs enjoyed rent free occupation since 1984.
It will be interesting to know if Corby Town FC continue to receive rent free assistance in their new stadium, named yesterday as Steel Park.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

detoxbirdy wrote:Diamonds fans at Corby eh????....whatever next :roll: :lol:
I live in Corby. New stadium opening, that's all.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

DiamondsFan wrote:I live in Corby. New stadium opening, that's all.
Yeah it's nice to see what your Council Tax is being spent on. As a Council Tax payer of Corby Borough Council this is not meant to be a criticism I would add. Providing sporting facilities in the Borough is a big plus point and they do very well in this respect since only a small proportion paid in respect of Council Tax is actually retained by the Local Authority.
I'm also planning to take in Corby's first home league match against Bishop's Stortford. ;)