Saturday?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
welwyngardendiamond

Saturday?

Post by welwyngardendiamond »

I think we should get hundreds of balloons and get the 'de banke' rocking again, this by far the best seasons weve had for years and its vital we get behind our team saturday!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Saturday?

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Sounds good, just wish the whole debanke would join in with the singing, would be amazing. but most seem more interesting in talking than singing.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
welwyngardendiamond

Post by welwyngardendiamond »

Excatly! i know when stevenage come to rushden they will bring two drums,flags balloon and make a quality atmosphere and get behind there team because i have been informed my brother who is a stevenage fan! I think we should go all out saturday to be honest! But i know its going to be quiet as per usual :x
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

People pay their money should they are entitled to do what they want, that may be talking, singing, moaning whatever! I understand it would be great to get all the PBD singing but it will never happen.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Stevenage fans are rubbish.
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

The days off the old rocking De Banke are gone, too many little kids and girls at the back of the terrace nowadays which hardly creates a great atmosphere with them all swapping ringtones or whatever they are upto
Huntersboyz

Post by Huntersboyz »

Few too many coffin dodgers as well, its our catchment area :|
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I remember way back when the players actually appealed for the supporters to get behind them, I think it was Razor who asked for the supporters to be the 12th man, most games you could hear a pin drop at Nene Park. I recall being part of a small group who stood inside the turnstiles handing out leaflets for the supporters to "up" their vocal support and really get behind the lads at at home game with Hereford - we even dished out some balloons etc - the result was that the joint jumped......................for one game at least ;)

We got the piss taken out of us by some supporters, but at least we tried !!!

The sad fact is, many people just want to stand and watch, chat about match incidents etc, I know thats a fact because I'm one of them. I'll shout and scream occasionally, but I'm too old for the sustained cheering and songs .............thats a young man's game, I've been there, done it and banged the drum (almost gave myself a hernia with that blooming big bass one against Hayes one year) but I respect the right of people to watch the match as they see fit, they've paid their money afterall :D

So, its over to you young bucks - get the singing going and us old blokes willl join in occasionally !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Huntersboyz wrote:Few too many coffin dodgers as well, its our catchment area :|
Coffin dodgers, as you so eloquently call them, are just as important to the club as the youngsters who pay less than them to get in. It takes all sorts of supporter to have a football club you know? You measure your support in how loud you can sing, others measure it by the deeds they do to keep the club going - both are important, but don't knock one or the other eh???? Some of those "coffin dodgers" do an awful lot of good work behind the scenes at the club, work that would cost the club money if it weren't done !!!

My little rant is over now !!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

well i dont know where to class myself, as im not a youngster or coffin dodger im 42 and like someone has said ive been there and done it with diamonds. I even have a diamonds tattoo on my leg i was one of the boys back in the day who was at the very back singing every week, went to every game ,my daughter was born the night before the leeds game so that was touch and go my other daughter was on the front of the et as a baby getting sheffield tickets and i have a rotty called max :D now my son who 16 goes stands at the back and sings where as ive got older i have moved further to the front and if the atmos was there i think more would sing but its there choice ,but then when ive been away say to k*ttering everyone cant wait to sing go figure what im trying to say is just cos i might not sing the club means no less to me than ayone else
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"