MM sacked.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: MM sacked.

Post by bozzer »

I have to admit at enjoying how they have managed to cock up within the first few weeks.

Having put all that effort in to get it to standard they appoint a mate as a manager, then wait until the transfer window has closed and then the manager walks, brilliant!

Then announce they need 2500-3000 fans each week! Yeah right how many did we get when we got to the playoffs, nowhere near that the last time K*ttering got that was 1957!!!

Wonder if the landlord is worried about his 25 year tenant!!

Oh and they don't deserve Justin luckily they don't want him but that's good as he has much too much class for them.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It's a shame he's 'walked' (we don't actually believe that do we?), surely no-one could do such a bad job. Even I looked at that squad at the start of the season and thought they had a really good chance this year. Fortunately I think to get out of this league in the right direction you need a team full of players that know the league inside out, of which they have few.

That 3000 break-even figure is comical. They could have won all their games so far this season and they wouldn't get anywhere near that, and that is a fact. The figures that were being banded about regarding how many Diamonds fans would continue to watch football at Nene Park were so inflated and unbelievable it was silly. Perhaps I know all the wrong people, because I know SOME have, but I don't know one Diamonds fan that goes to watch them this season. I see some faces at Cobblers, I see a lot of faces at Corby, i've even heard that one or two now go and watch Cogenhoe, but not one at Nene Park.

To be fair to them I think most K*ttering fans probably knew that their club would die at Nene Park, they just didn't want to admit it. I was convinced at first that there must have been some other investment or IL is far wealthier than we all thought, but now i'm not so sure that is the case. He is panicking because he knows the chances of this backfiring are now very real.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

JE is so unpopular with the Ploppy faithful I reckon he's a shoe-in for the job - thats how Ladick works !! I'd be gutted if Justin were to go there, but he'd be a good appointment for them in truth - but they're just too thick to see it !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

They look like they might be going for Mark Stimson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14797805.stm
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Just listening to the interview on the iPlayer. Clearly they still don't get it. Maison said he wants the people of East Northants to get behind their football club. K*ttering Town has nothing to do with the people of East Northants, it isn't even in East Northants. My football club was murdered and KTFC danced on it's grave. My full support is now reserved unconditionally for AFCR&D.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Can someone confirm or deny this - as far as i'm aware, Stimson hasn't won an away match as a manager since winning at Wembley with Gillingham in the Play-Offs in the 08/09 season?

I know for a fact he didn't win an away game with Gillingham during the 09/10 season and i'm going to try and find out if he won an away game at Barnet before he was sacked.

BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Just checked, and indeed he hasn't won a game away from home since that game at Wembley. He was sacked by Barnet on New Years Day 2011, and they won their first away game of the season on January 8th 2011.

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

bozzer wrote:
Then announce they need 2500-3000 fans each week! Yeah right how many did we get when we got to the playoffs, nowhere near that the last time K*ttering got that was 1957!!!
And they would need to get Tommy Lawton back as player/manager for that to happen. :lol:
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I was convinced at first that there must have been some other investment or IL is far wealthier than we all thought

There is other investment and that investment came from Maison, this is the reason he is still at the Club as he has fingers in the pie and as i understand it the Corporate side and sale of the Boxes was basically all Maison and his business contacts.

It is amazing how deluded Sadact and Maison were that they believed the old supporters of R+D would follow K*ttering at Nene Park and so give them the 3000 supporters they needed and even Cousins must have believed most would all return to Nene Park just shows how much people believed the Plastic Tag our supporters had.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

If you ignore the discounted season ticket revenue which has probably now been spent I would love to know how much cash revenue they actually took at last Saturday's match against Fleetwod. ;)