Local(ish) teams in the FA Cup...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Local(ish) teams in the FA Cup...

Post by Formic »

corby diamond wrote:
detoxbirdy wrote:I'm loving it over there!! It really reminds me of Diamonds about 15 years ago with all of the enthusiasm and everyone is so nice.......for me I had to walk away from Diamonds when it finished as it was too upsetting. Some people will probably say that I should go to the AFC but I couldn't do it and I think everyone has a choice to decide.......so my new home is now Steel Park and it's nice to see a couple of extra Diamonds creeping over each week......maybe see you all tonight :) :)
I dont really want to get shot down for this post so i will be careful on how i word it...And before i mention it yes i suppose everyone does have the choice to decide.

But what made you decide to go Corby? I have never been in the situation of changing teams to support so maybe i dont get what its all about, however when i sang rushden till i die i meant it, through thick and thin, through rough and good.

Im not sure i could sing rushden till i die one week then in the new season corby till i die...

Does anyone else have the same opinion? hope no offence has been caused :D
I have to agree with DTB's reply on this - the support many of us gave to R&DFC was such that it can't be seen as "transferrable" to a new club, whether that's AFC R&D or another club - her point about "Rushden till they died" is a very valid one.

I've been to a variety of games this season, including many of the AFC ones. It's good to meet old friends at the AFC games, but it has a different feeling to supporting R&DFC - not necessarily better or worse, just different.

The guys who've picked up the baton to get AFC off the ground are doing a great job - but for some of us the original club won't readily be replaced.
detoxbirdy

Post by detoxbirdy »

Formic wrote:
corby diamond wrote:
detoxbirdy wrote:I'm loving it over there!! It really reminds me of Diamonds about 15 years ago with all of the enthusiasm and everyone is so nice.......for me I had to walk away from Diamonds when it finished as it was too upsetting. Some people will probably say that I should go to the AFC but I couldn't do it and I think everyone has a choice to decide.......so my new home is now Steel Park and it's nice to see a couple of extra Diamonds creeping over each week......maybe see you all tonight :) :)
I dont really want to get shot down for this post so i will be careful on how i word it...And before i mention it yes i suppose everyone does have the choice to decide.

But what made you decide to go Corby? I have never been in the situation of changing teams to support so maybe i dont get what its all about, however when i sang rushden till i die i meant it, through thick and thin, through rough and good.

Im not sure i could sing rushden till i die one week then in the new season corby till i die...

Does anyone else have the same opinion? hope no offence has been caused :D
I have to agree with DTB's reply on this - the support many of us gave to R&DFC was such that it can't be seen as "transferrable" to a new club, whether that's AFC R&D or another club - her point about "Rushden till they died" is a very valid one.

I've been to a variety of games this season, including many of the AFC ones. It's good to meet old friends at the AFC games, but it has a different feeling to supporting R&DFC - not necessarily better or worse, just different.

The guys who've picked up the baton to get AFC off the ground are doing a great job - but for some of us the original club won't readily be replaced.

Thanks Formic! :)

I think you have hit the nail on the head too about the AFC boys....job done good
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I also agree with Formic. The people that have picked up the baton should be congratulated and it's pleasing to note that many appear to be from the younger age spectrum of the old RDFC support which is very refreshing and a good sign for the further development of AFC.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I've seen 2 games this season (both Corby) however the death of the Diamonds has more or less killed my passion for the game.

Travelling to Raunds is just that one bit too far for an U18 side and haven't really found myself caught up in the AFC buzz like everyone else seems to be.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I've been to a few of the St. Neots games this season, while I've somewhat enjoyed those games, I just don't enjoy them as much as I did when watching R&D, and now AFC R&D.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I've signed up as an AFC member but I haven't actually been to a game yet. It doesn't help that I'm living in Coventry now, but I just can't really find it in myself to go there, it just wouldn't be the same (obviously). I feel a bit like DiamondsFan, my passion has gone, replaced by sadness whenever I think about the lack of R&D in my life, especially on Saturday afternoons, which have become so boring. I'm hoping that my passion will come back when I think about the start of next season's UCL campaign but I'm not sure. :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I've signed up as an AFC member but I haven't actually been to a game yet. It doesn't help that I'm living in Coventry now, but I just can't really find it in myself to go there, it just wouldn't be the same (obviously). I feel a bit like DiamondsFan, my passion has gone, replaced by sadness whenever I think about the lack of R&D in my life, especially on Saturday afternoons, which have become so boring. I'm hoping that my passion will come back when I think about the start of next season's UCL campaign but I'm not sure. :(
Get your arse down to kiln park! You will enjoy it!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I've got an AFC shirt, been to most forums etc, but i can't get into the U18 team at all really. Been to a few games but not really that interested to be totally honest.

I know for a fact i'll be there next season in the UCL and plan to attend every single game, but for now i'm going elsewhere trying to take in as many games as possible. Got a Cobblers ST (which in hindsight was probably a mistake) but prefer going to Corby.

Like others have said though, it's not the same as R&D. Want Cobblers and Corby to win and politely clap the goals but it's a strange feeling.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:Got a Cobblers ST... want Cobblers to win...
Eurgh, you ba-, just eurgh.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

Lost the love of it really since last season hence my lack of posts. Took some time to chill out after the debacle of our club last season.

Our u18s playing/plodding along in a at best average league doesnt appeal to me sorry, I did go once or twice but to be honest they didnt inspire me and it didnt get me excited, maybe 3/4 decent lads.

But Mark is doing a great job with the players that he has.