Some thoughts...........

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bobos

Re: Some thoughts...........

Post by Bobos »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Trek wrote:
Formic wrote:The budget was capped in that there was to be no extra money from an FA Cup run - and less than a month later the Beasants were brought in.
It's seems that was the point that KC decided to get shot of the Club. Some people remarked seeing him in Strikers after the match with his chin on the floor.
Little things like this interest me, in a sort of morbid fascination, because there seems to be loads to the last few years that hasn't been told (and probably never will). I can't help but look back at the period between April and July every couple of weeks or so (especially nearly every Saturday when I'm bored shitless) to see if there's anything I missed. Is anyone else feeling as shit as I am every Saturday/Tuesday? :cry:

Why not get your arse down to Kiln park to watch the lads on a thursday night, you may be pleasently surprised 8-)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm at Coventry Uni so I'm not really able to get back down for Thursday nights unfortunately. :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I'm at Coventry Uni
I'm so sorry.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I'm at Coventry Uni so I'm not really able to get back down for Thursday nights unfortunately. :(
Good game for you to watch this Saturday, Hinckley against Tamworth in the FA Cup 1st Round. ;)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
<br style="text-shadow: none; "><br style="text-shadow: none; ">I'm so sorry.
Thanks, it's a bit day-to-day but I'm able to get through it without breaking down. ;)
Trek wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:I'm at Coventry Uni so I'm not really able to get back down for Thursday nights unfortunately. :(
<br style="text-shadow: none; "><br style="text-shadow: none; ">Good game for you to watch this Saturday, Hinckley against Tamworth in the FA Cup 1st Round. ;)
I can't really find it in myself to go and watch a game as neutral, I'm still moping around feeling sad about having no R&DFC every weekend.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

You might find a trip to watch Hinckley is worth it. I saw them beat Darlington in the last round, and their ground is pretty decent, being quite new, with a bit of a Nene Park feel about it. Those who remember Northwich Vics new ground would see similarities - it's a bit of a cross between that ground and Corby's new ground. It's also famous for its chicken curry and chips.
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

I'm so sorry.
Hey, I go there aswell - don't insult it, the underpasses are lovely at night time :lol:
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I did a few doorknocks in Cov today... I made it back to Brum with all four wheels on the car ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Gav_rdfc

Post by Gav_rdfc »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
<br style="text-shadow: none; "><br style="text-shadow: none; ">I'm so sorry.
Thanks, it's a bit day-to-day but I'm able to get through it without breaking down. ;)
Trek wrote:
<br style="text-shadow: none; "><br style="text-shadow: none; ">Good game for you to watch this Saturday, Hinckley against Tamworth in the FA Cup 1st Round. ;)
I can't really find it in myself to go and watch a game as neutral, I'm still moping around feeling sad about having no R&DFC every weekend.
I think you'll find you'd still feel like that if R&DFC still existed. Cov just has that effect on you. Its all the grey concrete! I was nearly suicidal after 4 years there!!