Histon Friendly

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Woodford Dad

Re: Histon Friendly

Post by Woodford Dad »

I saw a few of your scarves at the St Neots game.
Those lads behind one of the goals with about 20 cans of Carlsberg scattered around them weren't yours were they? They weren't St Neots or Woodford.
Mark Wright had to fly off to Dubai a day early, for Daybreak TV, so couldn't play.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Woodford Dad wrote:Mark Wright had to fly off to Dubai a day early, for Daybreak TV, so couldn't play.
This makes me think signing him will be nothing more than a publicity stunt for clubs, won't play often, but will bring in a few extra fans when he does...
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Woodford Dad wrote:I saw a few of your scarves at the St Neots game.
Those lads behind one of the goals with about 20 cans of Carlsberg scattered around them weren't yours were they? They weren't St Neots or Woodford.
Mark Wright had to fly off to Dubai a day early, for Daybreak TV, so couldn't play.
It was a good game, your son was on the bench again wasn't he?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Woodford Dad

Post by Woodford Dad »

bozzer wrote:
Yes- in the light grey top. TBH St Neots were always going to win on a pitch like that. They are a good footballing side which that pitch is made for, whereas Woodford are more of a 'lump it and see' type team, used to playing on a ploughed field-type pitch. I was impressed with their No. 8.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

St Neots have a couple of players who wouldn't look out of place in the BSP and that's not an exaggeration. Surprised if there aren't bigger clubs sniffing around.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by bozzer »

Woodford Dad wrote:
bozzer wrote:
Yes- in the light grey top. TBH St Neots were always going to win on a pitch like that. They are a good footballing side which that pitch is made for, whereas Woodford are more of a 'lump it and see' type team, used to playing on a ploughed field-type pitch. I was impressed with their No. 8.
Thought so, it's great that a club will give the better under 18 players progression through to the 1st team.
Yes the result was never in doubt, thought woodford did well to keep it to 3.
Would be very surprised if St Neots don't go up
AFC R&D Member No. 67
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by davealbon »

:lol: We were stood just behind those rather drunken lads in the second half! I thought they were St Neots fans, they were certainly cheering for a couple of Saints players in particular.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Abbotsleysaint

Post by Abbotsleysaint »

They were posh fans due to them being away at hull