Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
Formic wrote:I do wonder what might happen if the person who wins the second prize - to name the north stand - decides they want to call it the Duane Darby Stand. :lol: :lol:

oh come on, we could be missing a legendary chance here peeps!

Lets get a few bob together for a couple of entries, it would be hilarious if we could rename the North Stand the Duane Darby Stand, but even better if we won the main prize and could have the shirts plastered with AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

Every week would be another reminder of where they now are and the grave they jumped in to an even greater extent - and I bet it would put another nail in the coffin, shirt sales would definitely drop!! haha.

Mwah ha haaaaa! :twisted:
Literally would love it; Imagine the scenes...
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:Oh I feel honoured!!! :lol: :lol: Topper mentioned my post about radio ploppies...FOR YOUR INFORMATION TOPPER, COS I KNOW YOU'LL READ THIS!!!.. I LISTENED TO THE LAST MINUTE ONLY, because there was zilch on your forum. To be honest I couldn't have cared less about the score, otherwise I would have listened to the other 89 minutes....something I'll NEVER do again because I nearly passed out from Boredom listening to you monotone voices.
More importantly, what were you doing even listening to one minute of it?! I think you are obsessed. ;)
Obsessed? What gave you that impression?! I'd say they are obsessed about us being obsessed with them
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

From their always entertaining press team:
K*ttering Town Football Club have managed to announce another signing this afternoon.
It's always difficult to make an announcement after all.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:From their always entertaining press team:
K*ttering Town Football Club have managed to announce another signing this afternoon.
It's always difficult to make an announcement after all.
:lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

A great and sensible post by Pedro on Poppynet under Concerns on page 5....seems he is the only one on that forum with his eyes wide open !. Talks sense (and that takes some doing on that forum). :roll: Wish I new how to cut and paste (is it ?) but being a doddery ole git I just about know how to switch this thing on ! :oops:
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

There you go. ;)

Pedro wrote:
The Saint wrote:To be fair Pedro has offered alternative solutions, but they require money ( which he cannot raise ) and the club shrinking to a level barely above KFC standard. Oh and boycott games last season to kill off the club once and for all.
Thanks for at least acknowledging I haven't just been negative, it's appreciated.

Why do I keep going on? Because our options dwindle as time goes by. I, and to be fair not just me, there are many of us, have never considered NP to be viable. I consider that the only workable future for us means having a new, affordable, ground in or just outside K*ttering. To achieve this will require us all working hard together, raising every last penny possible Even nine months ago, we had the possibility, however small, of returning to RR while we did that work. Now, that possibility has gone. We are left with only two scenarios: finding someone to groundshare with while we build a new ground, or extinction! I really do think it's as simple and inevitable as that.

I do not see a future with the current ownership. It's proved itself to be lamentably incompetent without any practical vision for a sustainable future. With St George riding off into the sunset, we seem to be juddering back to where we were 12 months ago! I suspect 2015 is the sole driving force for the "dark forces" behind the club and I fear that all the fans who are working so hard to keep KTFC alive are instead being conned and used to keep a football team going until 2015. I suspect they will then be patted on the head, thanked and discarded as having served their purpose!

The sustainable future I've outlined above but it will only start with us taking control of our club. We're too divided for that to happen and these dark forces know and rely on that. Sadly, we won't move forward until 2015, but will it be too late by then?
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Trek wrote:There you go. ;)

Pedro wrote:
The Saint wrote:To be fair Pedro has offered alternative solutions, but they require money ( which he cannot raise ) and the club shrinking to a level barely above KFC standard. Oh and boycott games last season to kill off the club once and for all.
Thanks for at least acknowledging I haven't just been negative, it's appreciated.

Why do I keep going on? Because our options dwindle as time goes by. I, and to be fair not just me, there are many of us, have never considered NP to be viable. I consider that the only workable future for us means having a new, affordable, ground in or just outside K*ttering. To achieve this will require us all working hard together, raising every last penny possible Even nine months ago, we had the possibility, however small, of returning to RR while we did that work. Now, that possibility has gone. We are left with only two scenarios: finding someone to groundshare with while we build a new ground, or extinction! I really do think it's as simple and inevitable as that.

I do not see a future with the current ownership. It's proved itself to be lamentably incompetent without any practical vision for a sustainable future. With St George riding off into the sunset, we seem to be juddering back to where we were 12 months ago! I suspect 2015 is the sole driving force for the "dark forces" behind the club and I fear that all the fans who are working so hard to keep KTFC alive are instead being conned and used to keep a football team going until 2015. I suspect they will then be patted on the head, thanked and discarded as having served their purpose!

The sustainable future I've outlined above but it will only start with us taking control of our club. We're too divided for that to happen and these dark forces know and rely on that. Sadly, we won't move forward until 2015, but will it be too late by then?
Cheers Trek....Wish I was clever like what you is !! :lol:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

He'd probably gain more respect for his opinion if he wasn't such a smug bellend, constantly saying the same thing over and over and over again in the same tone. It must getting irritating for other Pravdanet users to have to read it.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

I think Pedro is still trying to get through the thick skulls of the i see no evil, hear no evil and i've firmly got my head stuck in the sand and cement mix brigade.

I know we moaned about our former trust but the sound of silence from the poopies trust over who is going run the club is deafening, makes you wonder if the silence means they are trading whilst insolvant again as you would have thought some one would haver stepped forward by now to be Chairperson or is it that bad that nobody whats the risk of being held liable.

Then again they may be waiting on secret George to pass his instructions via carrier pigeon, maybe a cat or F.A. hawk intercepted the message and expulsion awaits KTFC.

The games afoot 8-)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

K*ttering FC have confirmed they have been accepted into the Northants Senior Youth League. Initially playing at Kiln Park, Raunds