New Signing - Jake Newman

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: New Signing - Jake Newman

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:[I just hope Ben gets a fair crack at the whip!
With a few cup matches coming up i'm sure they'll be a few changes to line-ups
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

From what I've seen of Morgan, I've been really impressed. If Jake joins thats four very decent strikers, almost like Yorke, Cole, Teddy and Solskjaer ;) The only place I feel we're week at the moment, is on the wings. Neither Dent or Wiz are natural wingers!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

There's Chukky to get back to full fitness and I think Wiz is more than capable at this level.
AFC R & D member number 34
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:IMO we needed this signing. Not convinced by Elwood from what I've seen.
I take it that you didn't go the last weeks game then? Although he hasn't scored yet he has got much more in his locker than just goals. He brings others into play and technically he is one of the best payers we have got.

Agree, Dev brings more to the side than just goals, although he will get his fair share this season............It's a squad game these days and we need strength in depth if we are to challenge for the title, all our squad will make massive contributions to our season, not just one game 8-) 8-)
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I played footy tonight and a couple of the players spoke openly about the signing of Gilsenen and of Jake Newman. It sounds as though it's a deal going through..
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I am also under the impression, that the strikers like to play at a pace and Taylor and Morgan look more in tune with each other. Elwood looks slightly off the pace and the link up play with Dent and Gilsenen seems to suit a pacier front 2. Newman, Taylor and Morgan would be a great forward line and frighten many a team in this league..... Come on Diamonds.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

This from Jake on the UCL Facebook Page:

“In the summer I trained with both sileby and afc and thought at that time diamonds hadnt got the team to challenge, as they were still doing the trials, but after hearing they had put a 7 dayer in for me and looking at there fan base I couldn't really turn it down now they have the team to go along way. I can't wait to get playing in front of big crowds which I've never really had before and look forward to scoring plenty of goals for AFC diamonds.”
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Trek wrote:
Diamond_ Wolf wrote:He brings others into play and technically he is one of the best players we have got.
That is also my impression of Deven. I'm sure that he will get his fair share of goals by the end of the season.
Scored a few in pre-season and one of those was a cracking overhead against St. Neots.
That was an absolute peach!
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

BartonRaz wrote:This from Jake on the UCL Facebook Page:

“In the summer I trained with both sileby and afc and thought at that time diamonds hadnt got the team to challenge, as they were still doing the trials, but after hearing they had put a 7 dayer in for me .”
What's a seven dayer? My only experience of 7 dayers is the 7 day wonder to produce car docs by the police.

Is it some sort of offer/contract? I thought our players were non-contract?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I think under the UCL regs a club wishing to approach another club in respect of one of their players has to give a 7 day period of notice, presumably in a written form. Probably covered in the UCL handbook which Sid gave the link to. Can't remember if it was on this forum or the members one.