Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:How many were there last night, 250?
Official attendance was 231, but low turn out blamed by one fan on the fact that England were on the telly. :D
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Trek wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:How many were there last night, 250?
Official attendance was 231, but low turn out blamed by one fan on the fact that England were on the telly. :D
And apparently about 25 of those fans were from Wisbech :roll:
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Oh Dear, just seen this on Ploppynet..............It seems they are still blaming us for their demise :? :?

The fans are as bad as LaDick, take no responsibility for anything
I.C wrote:
Arthur Mann wrote:
I'm no expert on these matters but when Max's Vanity Project went bust presumably all their debts to local businesses were not honoured?

They forget that though, that's why their 'new club' is exactly that, no one will take the debts on too clear the R&D club to trade again.

Thanks mate, they are very selective in what they remember and don't remember about what they used to be.
Arthur Mann

Diamond White

Post by Diamond White »

Arthur Mann...... A relation of Aide does one think? :roll:
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

diamondgeezer1 wrote: The best thing they can do, is all get behind KFC.
Judging by the size of those left there, I think they already have :D ;)
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

that's a classic. all their problems were caused by us. ok. even a half sane person can see the problem with this argument.
FTP
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

is it only me who smells something fishy happening to ktfc-------this is a quote in the et (and ive read it elsewhere)========

Ladak has returned to the club after claiming it was spending money it didn’t have and, just last week, he revealed that a person or persons had made an offer to buy the Nene Park stadium.
========

only mentions buying the stadium------NOT THE CLUB :o
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

I think they need to sort something out big time this week ! Cant pay their players,cant pay their laundry bill,no home kit,no away kit if it does not get washed!No digs for the players! How many will turn up to play on saturday if still not paid,as they wont be able to afford to put petrol in their cars to get back!......i think the clock is well and truly ticking as they are in a cva and still cant run the the club in a solvent state by not paying their bills,if this was not a football club it would be gone!
Players and local suppliers once again may see another loss!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

With each passing day my feelings towards the Ploppies are mellowing to be honest, I feel their pain having gone through the same and it'll be a shame if yet another football club goes pop - those few (and it does appear to be fewer each passing day) fans left are the real hardcore who deserve some credit to be honest, they've been fed a diet of lies and bullshit (and crap football) for so long now, I honestly feel sorry for them.

To answer Mr Mann, no we haven't forgotten that local businesses lost out when R&DFC went out of business, it was dreadful for the club's creditors and hit many of them really hard, but the football club paid the ultimate price and went out of business. It didn't go down the CVA route and pay its creditors a % in the £1 and then stay open for business as usual shamefully shouting from the rooftops that it was going to spend spend spend (lies lies lies as it turns out), it died, kaput, was no more !! It didn't trade off the losses of those creditors.

We, the fans, got off our backsides and resurrected the name, but we're not responsible for the old clubs debts in the same way as KFC aren't responsible for those of KTFC, we were customers of the old club who have now taken control of our own destiny and we WILL make sure we pay our bills, we'll manage the club in a sustainable way.

Local businesses "supporting" KTFC are in for a double whammy it seems, shafted a few months back with a derisory 10p (or whatever it was) in the £1 and now potentially losing out 100% on what they're owed when the Plops ultimately go under, which is what will happen, whether its days, weeks or months away is anyone's guess, but it will happen unless someone props them up with some cash or buys them out. Both scenarios are seemingly unlikely, but stranger things have happened, we haven't seen the Japanese investors arrive via Weymouth and Essex to save the day yet have we :roll:

I recall being told at a fans forum meeting by R&DFC's old owner (currently the Ploppies Landlord) that our club was debt free in Dec 2010 when it was handed over to those two patsies, how was it possible for the club, 5 months later, to go under with debts reported to be close to £2m (depending upon who you speak to)? I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions !!

Anyway, I think its sad to see another Northants club go the same way as us (even them ;) !!), and I wish KFC all the luck in the world with their venture, hopefully we'll be locking horns on the field sooner than we thought and I'll look forward to renewing our rivalry.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I just looked on Ploppynet to see what they were bleating on about, its about a comment made on the Northants Telegraph article(the open letter to Ladick one), they've assumed it came from a Diamonds fan. It may well have, more than likely came from one of their creditors though, but I guess its easier to blame us :roll:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51