[ Sat 15th Sep ] v Fakenham Town KO 3pm FA Vase HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Sep ] v Fakenham Town KO 3pm FA Vase HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Dazzler wrote:
Diamondsiy wrote:thought the tannoy was much better yesterday could hear it right down the other end of the pitch :)
Nice to hear! I was going to ask about that - if people thought the volume in the Terrace was ok - they're at 10W currently (can go up to 40W). They're not ideal how they are mounted at present, but that was the best way to do it for now. I did walk around before the game, and thought it was pretty good even at the far end of the Peter Ebdon stand, just fading a bit toward the far corner.
The speakers were perfect yesterday. Perfect volume, not intrusive at all and I thought the man with the mic was doing a sterling job also.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

On a brighter note, I work with Gary Knibbs, who was Cobblers` res`s keeper, Doughboys keeper, and then manager at the D&D, before a succesful spell at Buckingham. He had n`t been back since he brought his Buckingham side to play W`boro. He was absolutely amazed at the new-look D&D, and was full of admiration for all of the people involved in bringing it to it`s current status. It was great that so many people remembered him , shook his hand and had a natter, even Peaksy.
He was impressed with the play, and although he lives in Northampton, I hope he`ll be back. He`ll certainly be keeping an eye out :) .
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

Trying to read through the match thread, all 19 pages of it.

I'm a little bit lost, am I right in thinking the 19 pages are dedicated to an away fan baring his arse and having a plastic bottle thrown at him?

I haven't missed a stabbing, racist abuse, the ref being attacked or a full scale pitch invasion have I?

Two words - "isolated incident", I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about it.

Does this sort of thing happen every week? No, no it doesn't so why are people treating it like somebody was attacked?

Lets deal with a "isolated incident" and just move on.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Simply because we are very high profile at the moment and we want it to remain so for all the right reasons.

There is right and wrong behaviour and if people don't understand where the line is then they'll continue to push it, yesterday was unacceptable. You're right it was a very minor incident, but do we ignore it so that people think anything goes? If we get something thrown on the pitch next do we take action then, or ignore it?

I'm very proud of OUR football club and want to remain so, that explain it well enough?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

I totally agree, it can't be ignored but I just felt the tone of the thread had got a bit too serious and maybe some people where starting to create a bigger incident then really happened.

That's just my view, although at this time when there is such a spotlight on the Club we could do without these sort of problems at the ground.
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

Like twinkle toes said, we're all the same people going to the game, just a bit more integrated with those we may not have been in the past. The fact is we are all their for one reason and we should remember that rather than bigging up some petty infringement that can easily be ironed out.
White, red and blue army
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Didn't see the incident....not bothered, seems isolated and started by a cretin.

Brought 7 mates with me...most premiership fans. They were very impressed with the performance and enjoyed the atmosphere and standard of football from our boys (most were expecting 90% hoof ball).

A great game.

Alfie was superb, as was Wiz.

Jake looks like he'll bag a few, and he'll be gunning for Dev's place, who seems a midfielder more than a striker to me.

Peter O was hit and miss, a lot of poor crosses, but he's been injured and he'll come into his stride, still a quality player imo.

Now my main point/comment

The lads who start all the chants/songs etc are quality for doing it and I can't really fault them, and although i would never really mingle with them, as they don't really come across as that welcoming (no offence) I massively respect them....I do think however that they have the power to get more people involved and choose not too. It would be great to cut out personal songs which only a handful of people find funny or understand. For example I never sing the Wiz one and never will.

It would be great to just get a bunch of simple songs for different players that aren't 'rude' and allow most to get involved in....I think you forget sometimes that this is a very stripped down, open air, back to basics, club now and it's obvious from the two home games, it's not the old de banke RDFC fan base around you, it's quieter, there's more of a mingling vibe..and already thanks to good publicity in the local community, it is a lot more family orientated, with loads of younger kids coming down to watch (which is fantastic).

So 'Singing Lads' with the all the power to create a better match atmosphere...how about it? lets get 10-15 decent chants that can be sung all through the game and that young an old can get involved in, the quicker we do that, the better the atmosphere will be for fans and the players and the more people will get involved.

P.S. you can still 'F*ck the Cobblers/K*ttering Town is full of sh*t and all the rest of it' but give us some easy songs to help learn who all the players are etc ;)
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

Again I think latching on to the one song that is relevant to just the lads doesn't really reflect all the songs that can be sung! There are still some classics sung aswell as new songs for everyone to join in, but again like loads of previous posts have said 'debankers' and 'north standers' are all mixing now so people need to join in with singing! Honestly don't think any one is excluded from joining in if they wanted to ;)
White, red and blue army
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

My 15 year old lad was on the DeBanke with his mates. I asked him what happened and his view was that when Joe Merrill had a rather wild shot the Fakenham fan gave it the "aaaahhhhhh" to which our lads replied that he was a rotund person with dubious parentage, he then ran along the front with his t-shirt over his head got to the other end and bared his bum for a few seconds. If you were watching the game you'd have missed it.

The bottle was no where near him and thrown with the velocity of a wet cabbage. All sets of supporters found it a humorous incident.

My 11 year old lad in the stand with me was most upset that he'd missed it because bums are the funniest thing in the world to small (and not so small) boys.

So all in all I would class it as a storm in a tea-cup.