[ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Abbotsley saint- just out of interest is there any kind I rivalry between St Neots and Eynesbury?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Abbotsleysaint

Post by Abbotsleysaint »

there was in our UCL days but now we are step 3, the gap has widened to such a degree that we are not considered rivals any more but our success has benefitted Rovers...Saturday saw 13 of their 16 man squad being ex Saints players.
Diamond_ Wolf

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Abbotsleysaint wrote:there was in our UCL days but now we are step 3, the gap has widened to such a degree that we are not considered rivals any more but our success has benefitted Rovers...Saturday saw 13 of their 16 man squad being ex Saints players.

Yeh I did notice there is a large contingent of ex Saints players, I think we will be in for a very tough game! Like Duke of Wimborne said where is the best place to go for a few Pre match beers? If there is a pub with the lunch time football on that is a bonus, a few of us are aiming to get there around midday
Abbotsleysaint

Post by Abbotsleysaint »

theres a pub about 300 yards from the ground called the Cambridgeshire Hunter, they generally have the football on i think. its got a big garden too, easy walking distance from the School \liesure centre car park :D
Diamond_ Wolf

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Abbotsleysaint wrote:theres a pub about 300 yards from the ground called the Cambridgeshire Hunter, they generally have the football on i think. its got a big garden too, easy walking distance from the School \liesure centre car park :D

Cheers, I'm sure we will give that pub a visit :) just a shame it won't be beer garden weather :(
Abbotsleysaint

Post by Abbotsleysaint »

cold but sunny apparently :P
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Don't know where else to put this, but Sileby were 4-0 up against Burton Park at HT. Makes our 1-1 look a bit silly.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Finished 8-0.
I'm not entirely surprised. If they had played against us as they did Thrapston the previous week we would have had double figures, even off form as we were. Liam Fox also played so well against us, first really good performance in the 20 or so times I've seen him play.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

My mate which plays for rothwell said Liam fox is really inconsistent , has good games then the next he has a shocker ,just like tonight. Also said he is always getting lobbed too.
NORTHANTS48

Post by NORTHANTS48 »

I watched R&H play Eynesbury earlier in the season. I was quite impressed with them. They knocked the ball around really well especially around the box to create chances. Think it will be a tough game and they should not be underestimated.