GAME OFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
jimbobjaw

Re: GAME OFF

Post by jimbobjaw »

BartonRaz wrote:It begs the question what use frost covers are.
I have to agree, there seems very little point in using them if they are not going to have any affect on whether or not the game goes ahead! I know we did not have quite as much frost this time last year, but i dont remember there being that many games called of in previous years due to frozen pitches at NP?

If it was possible to rearrange the game for tommorrow, it would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately i suspect there would be a lot of red tape to get through to do it. Didn't Wrexham and Cambridge do something similar when they had a game moved from the Saturday to a Friday, and when that was called they moved it back? I may have got the teams concerned wrong.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

I left also after removing covers,it was a little bit crusty and the linemans area was a bit frozen on the south stand side.What happened to the days when they played on frozen pitches with an orange ball!
This will cost a lot in money for the club and also we may not see Tomlin play for us again.
I felt really excited about the game that we could do something today and beat them in front of our biggest gate so far this season.
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

yeah i felt that the pitch was in a good anoth condition to play it and the club has lost out big time. get the game on tomorrow.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

srusrdfc wrote:get the game on tomorrow
Surely if it's rearanged for tommorow they will call it off again due to 'Frozen pitch'?
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

Especially bad for me since i can't get to every game, i was greatly looking forward to having 5 games in a row that i could get to....

Chester - frozen pitch
Oxford away - frozen pitch
Kidderminster - Ill
Oxford - frozen pitch
K*ttering away - if we're lucky

:cry:
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

its where we are going to fit all the games, we have no game this tuesday coming up so if oxford dont then play 1 of them then. then we have workington what you can see getting cancled and thats pos a replay game because its in the cup. where they all going to fit?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Refs won't now allow a game to start if parts of the pitch are frozen. Obviously the problem area is the part of the pitch in the shade of the South Stand and with the temperature barely above freezing he, I suspect, thought the pitch in that area would worsen after kick-off with the temperature dropping quickly.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Well said trek.....I'm told that the decision was made with BOTH managers in attendance, indeed the referee waited for JE to get there before making the decision. It's frustrating especially as many Oxford fans had already arrived and were in Strikers. We were expecting a bumper crowd today....better to call it off than have it abandoned part way through, just imagine the uproar that would cause.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tod ... de=Rushden

i've not been out but if this is right; feeling like -6 may freeze the ground up a bit quicker than we'd imagine. i'm no weather expert...
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Diamondsforever wrote:Well said trek.....I'm told that the decision was made with BOTH managers in attendance, indeed the referee waited for JE to get there before making the decision. It's frustrating especially as many Oxford fans had already arrived and were in Strikers. We were expecting a bumper crowd today....better to call it off than have it abandoned part way through, just imagine the uproar that would cause.
At least we would have made a little money from them in Strikers, so not all bad news ;) :cry: