Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dirty Boy

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Dirty Boy »

In my opinion Its amazing that its taken this amount of time, don't forget the sign that had been placed on the club shop door that said about rushden and diamonds 2008. This is going to cost someone a lot to resolve.
Still Say that Van Der Veldan had the most amazing ball control of any player at our club.

Membership number 319
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

So Rushden & Diamonds 2008 Ltd takes over their winding-up order. Be slightly ironic if a Rushden & Diamonds-related company sends KTFC to the dogs once and for all.

I recently moved to Irthlingborough and have to drive past Nene Park most days. It still hurts to see their name all over it, it's ridiculous in fact. For the first time since we were wound up I decided to have a drive round today, the place is looking a bit sorry for itself, the training pitches inparticular are a real mess.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Dirty Boy wrote:In my opinion Its amazing that its taken this amount of time, don't forget the sign that had been placed on the club shop door that said about rushden and diamonds 2008. This is going to cost someone a lot to resolve.
Timing is all important. He left us with no options but to raise the money or go out of business two years ago, and I suspect the timing of this puts them in exactly the same position. It really is a case of how much money he wants to cancel the contract, and I suspect it may well be a six figure sum. It must really annoying for him seeing KTFC spending money on Latimer Park when they owe him lots of dosh.
BartonRaz wrote:I recently moved to Irthlingborough and have to drive past Nene Park most days. It still hurts to see their name all over it, it's ridiculous in fact. For the first time since we were wound up I decided to have a drive round today, the place is looking a bit sorry for itself, the training pitches inparticular are a real mess.
I do wonder who is doing and paying for the pitch maintenance at Nene Park. Although nothing has been done to Pitch 2 or 3 for a considerable period, the main pitch doesn’t look too bad.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Noddy wrote:I do wonder who is doing and paying for the pitch maintenance at Nene Park. Although nothing has been done to Pitch 2 or 3 for a considerable period, the main pitch doesn’t look too bad.
This is a guess - is this KC's way of proving he is providing the site in a reasonable fashion, thus not breaking any element of the contract he signed with IL (KTFC)?

If they owe him money, they then could not claim they had cause to break the contract.
Member Number: 21
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

From Ploppynet.
gingerbeer wrote:
Arthur Mann wrote:So basically HMRC asked for their petition to be dropped against us, however R*shden & Diamonds 2008 (who I believe are different to the AFC R*shden & Diamonds) are now disputing the case with us?
Just because someone petitions saying they are owed an amount does not mean that amount is due. As a disputed amount a winding up petition can not be used to force payment.

This is actual a positive as it brings the issue of the lease to a head. KC is like many wanting to have a resolution to the NP saga, one way or another.
How can the amount be disputed? Fairly easy to ascertain when the rent was paid up to I would have thought and a simple calculation of so many months outstanding at £12,500 per month. :shock:
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Ahh welcome back Desperate Measures, me ol' mucker! Well on our way to 500 pages now! :lol:

Anyway onto the news - how much do you reckon KTFC will have to find then to satisfy the new winding up order? Would be pretty ironic if it's somewhere along the lines of £250k.

KC really baring his teeth now!

.....I wonder what Jake is feeling now?
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Would love to comment but not sure I'm in possession of all the facts. Taking notes but only on page 386!! Will be back to you all soon. May I say what excellent bed time reading this makes, I've had no trouble sleeping this week. :P
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

The training pitches are a total state now and are parked on for the car boot sales.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamond Warrior wrote:The training pitches are a total state now and are parked on for the car boot sales.
From what I saw today you'd struggle to drive your average car through it. Covered in weeds and grass knee-waist height.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote:Covered in weeds and grass knee-waist height.
Wild flower meadows are now in vogue. :D