New Signing - Fazel Koriya

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

New Signing - Fazel Koriya

Post by Formic »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/new-signing-fazel-koriya

Having seen him play alongside Russ Dunkley several times for Long Buckby when they won the UCL Prem title its another impressive signing.
UttoDiamond

Re: New Signing - Fazel Koriya

Post by UttoDiamond »

Great signing, but another forward!!!! Looks like we're going 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 this year then!!! :lol:

Attack, attack, attack attack attack! :lol:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Wow. Another great signing. So we now have the two strikers that were responsible for 59 goals in The Bucks record breaking UCL Premier Division title winning season the other year.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

I did suggest on the other forum 2 weeks ago the Biffa black and white stripe influence and all things Keagen esk, we were heading for, you get 4 and we`ll get 5 + but was shot down in flames. All is clear now, we are unlikely to sign any new defenders as we have far more than we need already. Bring on the goal fest, our defensive policy is as with dates, two`s company three`s a crowd. :lol: All we need now is to talk a few unsuspecting local businesses into sponsoring the Club for £10 a goal and it`s happy days for the treasurer, may have enough left over to help out our friends in need down the road. :twisted:
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Will certainly make for entertaining, high-scoring games down the D&D this season!!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Let's not forget that our defence only conceded 31 goals in the league last season - joint lowest with Sileby. The problem that we had was that when we played teams like Potton, R&H, BPW at home we couldn't score more than the one goal and these signings are looking to rectify that.

This sounds like another good signing and it's ramping up my excitement for the new season. Jake Whoman? ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Let's not forget that our defence only conceded 31 goals in the league .....
With 9 of those goals conceded in just 2 matches in the first half of the season.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Brilliant defensive record that, we did have our complacent moments at times like for example at Chenecks and Whitworths, but the strength of the defence with the weakness of most Division 1 attacks meant we only conceded 16 goals (I make it) in 30 matches against teams outside the top 4 and a clean sheet at Sileby was extremely impressive.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

That said I would still add another CB if we can as UCL Prem strikers will be a step up from Div 1 most certainly.
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

How about this for a song (to the tune of the chorus in Blondie's Maria);-

Koriya, he's gonna beat ya
Goes left, right and flies past his man
Koriya, Fazel Koriya
He scores goals like no-one else can

I think I've come up with a belter there personally!
Everywhere we go....