New Signing - Dan Grainger

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: New Signing - Dan Grainger

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Nice and professional from Wellingborough's assistant manager there...
I don't see there being anything wrong with that comment with it only being an 'unofficial rumour' at present to the general public.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Presume as we have started training & assembling a squad earlier than most some will have little to talk about other than what we are doing. Sure over next few weeks lots of very interesting & exciting rumours will come out of Welly town :?:
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I thought jamie wright was their assistant manager not jon wright?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I tend to ignore most of what I read on the UCL Facebook page which is occupied mainly by wind up merchants and bitter people who claim to know more about our football club than our people running it do. Treat it like a kids playground and you should get on okay there ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

bozzer wrote:I thought jamie wright was their assistant manager not jon wright?
You may be right Jon, however I'm fairly sure Jon Wright is involved in WTFC in some capacity, given his postings on that page (and I know his brother).
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Pigman wrote:I tend to ignore most of what I read on the UCL Facebook page which is occupied mainly by wind up merchants and bitter people who claim to know more about our football club than our people running it do. Treat it like a kids playground and you should get on okay there ;)
On the whole I agree with you about that page Pigman, but this one seems a strange thing to put if it had no substance, doesn't it? ;)

bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

BartonRaz wrote:
bozzer wrote:I thought jamie wright was their assistant manager not jon wright?
You may be right Jon, however I'm fairly sure Jon Wright is involved in WTFC in some capacity, given his postings on that page (and I know his brother).
I thought he was involved at Cogenhoe but you may be right
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

I think you're right. I'm now going with the line that Jon and Jamie Wright are brothers and i've got confused. ;)

TheWizardsSleeve

Post by TheWizardsSleeve »

bedforddiamond wrote:
TheWizardsSleeve wrote:I remember sinking chasers with Dan Grainger in Bar Life on a Friday night when Diamonds had Darlington away the next day..he said he was 'injured' to me the rascal, he was having a magical time doing the funky duck on the dance floor
If we was playing Darlington away the next night he did well to get from Darlo to Welly and back on a Friday evening cos the rest of the team would have been staying in a local hotel up there :? :D
Pardon?
Why on earth did he go from Darlo to Welly when a) he was injured and didn't travel and b) the team coach left Nene Park at 9am (same time I left in a car convoy) on the Saturday? It's only 3 hours up the M1(A1M).
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

the special one wrote:hi been away a long time visiting for six months ,i see jake has gone why do we replace young players with a striker from a higher league has our playing budget gone up, strange since we are only playing in the ucl prem.
If you have any concerns about our wage budget for next season I suggest you come along to the Members' Forum next week (assuming you are a member?) and you will see the breakdown of the costs for this season, and evidence of our prudent financial planning for the following season. I can assure you there is nothing to be concerned about.
BartonRaz wrote:Wellingborough Town's assistant manager just put this on the UCL FB page...
When are Diamonds going to let everyone know they have signed Lingy from Sileby??
If someone would like to respond to that post (I would do myself but I'm not 'friends' with the UCL on Facebook) and let him know that the reason we haven't announced Ling's signing is because Ling hasn't signed for us. If he does sign for us at any point in the future, it will be announced immediately on our Official Website, which I can assure you will be the first place it will be announced.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297