Northants Telegraph

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondblade85

Re: Northants Telegraph

Post by diamondblade85 »

I understand we are only ucl but we are a well supported club and deserve coverage to match out support.
I was offering to do it for voluntarily and just really wanted to get the club some coverage. Even if it was just a preview and then a half time ad full time report.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Discussions were made with the NT over me being a voluntary reporter for AFC R&D, but it didn't get anywhere. I even covered Corby for them last season away at Halifax for no pay..
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:
diamondblade85 wrote:The coverage is shocking from
Bbc Northampton. Having worked on radio before I have contacted them a couple of times to offer to do reports from diamonds matches but without reply. Says it all really.
Well it is fair enough regarding regular reports of us seeing as we're a UCL club, but as the 2nd/3rd best supported club in the county, they really ought to give us some coverage when it comes to big games or cup games, maybe it'll change if we move up into the SL. Though very poor considering you actually offered, perhaps they couldn't bare us cutting 30 seconds into the hours and hours of Cobblers analysis and interviews!
It is worth remembering though, that the name of the station is Radio "Northampton", not "Northamptonshire". They do seem to have used the demise of us and K*ttering over the last couple of years to focus all of their coverage on the Cobblers and the Saints and it is extremely boring. Their coverage of Northants CCC has greatly improved but that was only because the BBC took a country-wide decision to start covering county cricket more. Before then it was also poor.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Diamond Warrior wrote:Discussions were made with the NT over me being a voluntary reporter for AFC R&D, but it didn't get anywhere. I even covered Corby for them last season away at Halifax for no pay..
I hope you expensed the hell out of them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I listened to the BBC Northampton post-match show today out of curiosity. They had a full-time report from Brackley (including an interview with Jon Brady) and Corby but didn't mention K*ttering once (not even the final score) which was strange considering the two attendances they got this week. Our result was read out with the other UCL scores.

Perhaps one way of getting more coverage on there would be to send in text messages to be read out?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Bob's Bitch wrote:.
Perhaps one way of getting more coverage on there would be to send in text messages to be read out?
tried that sometimes they read it out and sometimes they don't, I sent a controversial one in once saying we are the second biggest club in the county, they read it out but didn't even comment and carried on talking about clobbers and then went onto Brackley.

I remember after the R&H game someone texted in about our attendance and he said "wow" maybe K*ttering should take note or something then that was it

When we draw a big league 1 club in the fa cup first round and they want to do some coverage maybe we should tell them where to go ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Giving praise where it's due, this week they've included the Tuesday results and summaries very quickly, as well as publicising our game tonight - http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/spo ... -1-5430449

That follows on from the previews they ran yesterday - http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/spo ... -1-5426949
mackemcobbler

Post by mackemcobbler »

Regardless off the size of your support you are a UCL club 1 of many in Northamptonshire & therefore not of much interest to many people in the county. The Cobblers & Saints are the biggest sporting sides in the County therefore get the coverage Brackley are the highest placed non league side in the county & get a good coverage as they should. IMHO both the C&E & NET are both a wast of money when they were interdependent papers & daily i used buy a copy of both on a Monday for the covrage of R&D & K*ttering as well as the UCL sides, but as soon they were brought by Johnstone press they printed almost the same news word by word & going weekly have made them worse i only buy the C&E now out of habit
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Mackem Cobbler, there was a time, at least one season, when Diamonds were the top team in the County - and I'm not meaning just by fluke on points or goal difference... and the position never changed! It was always Cobblers, Cobblers, Cobblers, K*ttering, K*ttering, Cobblers, Cobblers, Cobblers, Brackley... oh, and "Max Griggs's Rushden & Diamonds" got promoted, Cobblers Cobblers Cobblers... blah, blah, blah, bore for England... and the BBC Radio Northampton was just the same.

The media is just biased, completely. End of story.
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Red Dragon wrote: The media is just biased, completely. End of story.
Totally agree, but as a journalist I can't understand why AFC R&D get as little coverage as they do. The reformation of a former League club is a National newsworthy story IMO.