Jake Newman....Oh dear

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: Jake Newman....Oh dear

Post by Brownie »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Oh come on you lot. I know Jake's now number one enemy after he joined K*ttering but to say Lance is a better player than Jake is madness.

Let's not forget he scored 26 goals last season, Duane Darby was probably the last person to do that for Diamonds, and without his goals there's absolutely no way we'd have been promoted.
I agree that without him we'd not have been promoted, but I think Lance could've scored just as many if he'd been given the time that Jake had been given.

I prefer Lance, IMO he's faster, has two feet and has a spark of creativity that Jake didn't have. Jake was a good finisher at that level though, it would've been interesting to see how he'd have fared in a newly-promoted side which had confidence (even if he was playing second fiddle to Dunks), as opposed to being thrown in the deep end at Step 4 in a side with no confidence whatsoever.
Don`t think he was thrown in the deep end was he, he jumped in all on his own, just wasn`t smart enough to take any floatation aids with him, and it would appear keeping his head above water is becoming increasingly difficult :lol: what is the present total on Newman watch :?:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Regarding Jake, despite deciding to move to K*ttering, and his subsequent comments (which I think got a lot of peoples noses up)

I'll still have some respect for his goals contribution last season, like others have said without them, we may not have been promoted last season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Regarding Jake, despite deciding to move to K*ttering, and his subsequent comments (which I think got a lot of peoples noses up)

I'll still have some respect for his goals contribution last season, like others have said without them, we may not have been promoted last season.
Could not agree more, you never know he may well don the Diamonds shirt again one day, but that may be subject to some major improvement in some areas of his game, but until such day it`s thanks for last season and you are officially fair game, and boy is he a sitting Duck at the moment, almost to a point of not being worth a mention, other than keeping an eye on those minutes, was it 487 prior to the 92 on Sat 579 and counting.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

It's 672, do keep up Andy! ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Bob's Bitch wrote:It's 672, do keep up Andy! ;)
Can we call it 11 Hours and 12 minutes as think that sounds longer :lol:
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I think we should calculate it in weeks, that would sound even longer. at least 5 weeks without a goal.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

FOOTYMAN wrote:I think we should calculate it in weeks, that would sound even longer. at least 5 weeks without a goal.
FIVE weeks you can almost double that, remember some weeks he only plays 12 minutes :lol:
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Brownie wrote:
FOOTYMAN wrote:I think we should calculate it in weeks, that would sound even longer. at least 5 weeks without a goal.
FIVE weeks you can almost double that, remember some weeks he only plays 12 minutes :lol:
Will agent Newman go the whole season without scoring, he is the only one under contract so will still be getting a wage, they must have money to burn :lol: :lol: .
Last edited by Mat.H on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

So it could be in the region of 10, 11, or even 12 weeks without a goal. That is nearly 3 months, that is most of Autumn.. That is a long long time not to have found the net. :P
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Jake's last competitive goal was on the 30th April. His last competitive goal in open play was on the 27th April.