She's in a sorry state

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: She's in a sorry state

Post by Bob's Bitch »

If we had a 3G/4G pitch in the stadium of this magical new site would it possibly negate the need for another few acres for loads of community pitches? So we could have maybe 2 artificial pitches (one in the stadium) and then maybe one more natural pitch. Every team could use the artificial pitches whenever they liked and the natural pitch could be used most of the time. It might save space that could be hard to find, rather than having to have a sprawling site?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

ron manager wrote: I thought whilst AFC Dunstable was Ok, it is I hope a little lacking, well alot, in what I would hope we would go for, I feel the main stadium needs to be enclosed on all sides, with one main seating area up to around 1000 seats and a terrace behind one goal, any less I feel will send out the wrong signals to potential punters and floaters. If we go too conservative I feel people will just think the club is stagnated and we will not be able to build on the current excellent core support.
I did not suggests for one minute that the main pitch stadium at Dunstable would be suitable for our needs as obviously our aspirations are clearly greater than that of either Dunstable Town or AFC Dunstable. I was merely using Creasey Park as an example of what would be needed in acreage terms to satisfy our requirements. The overall site is far larger than Nene Park and incorporates ex-school playing fields. As I arrived early I took the opportunity of viewing the 3G pitch, community pitches etc. prior to entering the ground
Trek

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Yours for £3M - http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/News/F ... refurb.htm - if you have the land to start with.
Indeed, the demolition costs of the old ground looking at the old stand in that picture would be expensive particularly with possible asbestos removal issues and the construction of a new clubhouse, changing rooms would probably be in the region of £1500 per square metre build costs and then 3G pitch, fencing floodlights about a further £400k. Soon spend £3 million without providing for all the main stadium facilities that Ron suggested. Suggest a sensible 'ball park' budget, with my quantity surveying hat on, for our overall needs closer to £5 million. Would be interesting to see what grants would be available from the Football Foundation.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Bob's Bitch wrote:If we had a 3G/4G pitch in the stadium of this magical new site would it possibly negate the need for another few acres for loads of community pitches? So we could have maybe 2 artificial pitches (one in the stadium) and then maybe one more natural pitch. Every team could use the artificial pitches whenever they liked and the natural pitch could be used most of the time. It might save space that could be hard to find, rather than having to have a sprawling site?
Some observations on the 3G/4G route from Maidstone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallagher_Stadium
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

I'm all for the 3g/4g route for the main pitch, as now there is pretty much as good as the real thing, so why bother with the the hassle of real grass.

When you look at the advantages of fake grass, you have to wonder why anybody now bothers with real mud and grass. MK dons and Wembley for example are about 20% fake grass mixed with the real stuff, it will not be long before lower level teams switch to it, IMO.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

ron manager wrote:I'm all for the 3g/4g route for the main pitch, as now there is pretty much as good as the real thing, so why bother with the the hassle of real grass.

When you look at the advantages of fake grass, you have to wonder why anybody now bothers with real mud and grass. MK dons and Wembley for example are about 20% fake grass mixed with the real stuff, it will not be long before lower level teams switch to it, IMO.
They'll only switch if the FA allow it though, I'm not sure why they haven't allowed it. It would be interesting to see what the FA could do if say, 3 or 4 L1/2 clubs switched to artificial, they might be forced into changing the rules.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek

Post by Trek »

ron manager wrote: MK dons and Wembley for example are about 20% fake grass mixed with the real stuff, it will not be long before lower level teams switch to it, IMO.
Many top class pitches now have the 'Desso' sports system which incorporates plastic into the surface of the pitch. Wembley, Emirates, City of Manchester, White Hart Lane, Anfield, Turf Moor, Huddersfield, Watford, Cardiff, Villa Park and Swansea use this system. This prevents large divots being thrown up and is particularly useful where rugby is played on the same pitch used by football clubs.

http://www.dessosports.com/hybrid-grass
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Brownie wrote:
therushden wrote:no.
don't care it's in a state of disrepair either.
Agree 100%.
If someone pretended to be your mate and was going to help sort all your problems out then ran off with your beautiful Mrs and left you bankrupt, how would you feel if you saw said (hypothetical) wife 3 years later and she looked a right dog :!: :!: even if you were back on your feet and had some money would you want her back :twisted: (the next bit gets a little mixed up though)
No you would carry on sharing the wife of someone down the road you don`t even like that much, and spend a few quid turning her into a bit of a looker, content in the knowledge that a few years down the line the is a right little stunner who isn`t high maintenance waiting for you.
Sorry Mr Chairman if any of the above is not totally PC :lol:
That is quality - made I larf :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Trek wrote:
ron manager wrote: MK dons and Wembley for example are about 20% fake grass mixed with the real stuff, it will not be long before lower level teams switch to it, IMO.
Many top class pitches now have the 'Desso' sports system which incorporates plastic into the surface of the pitch. Wembley, Emirates, City of Manchester, White Hart Lane, Anfield, Turf Moor, Huddersfield, Watford, Cardiff, Villa Park and Swansea use this system. This prevents large divots being thrown up and is particularly useful where rugby is played on the same pitch used by football clubs.

http://www.dessosports.com/hybrid-grass
If it was Huddersfield's main pitch last season, it didn't work! It was like a beach because of how much sand was used for most of the season.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Oh dear, certainly listed as Huddersfield Town & Giants. Perhaps it's not so good for Rugby League.

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/footb ... l-projects