Keep the faith.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Keep the faith.

Post by gibston »

Wow we lost a game, you can't win every game, yes we wasn't at our best,we had to change the team due to players getting stuck in traffic,some times people need to remember what level of football they are watching,your not going to win every game 8-1, starmer probably knows we need to make changes but he also said he would give the lads from last season and chance,the frustrating thing is that crossy didn't have 1 save to make!! I think we are 2 or 3 players short to have a chance on winning the league and that's my opinion, but it's early days and let's all get behind starmer and the boys.keep the faith!!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Keep the faith.

Post by Trek »

I don't think anyone has 'lost the faith', but this is a fans forum and at the heart of that it's a place where fans can assess performances of our team individually and collectively post-match and this is exactly what has happened on the PNS match thread. I should imagine many of the reasoned comments made by posters mirror some of Starms and his management thoughts. Last evening we were beaten by the better team on the night who appeared to want the victory more and the reasons for that have been discussed in some depth which some of the players may or may not agree with.

I think the reaction from the fans after the match against Dover tells you everything you need to know about how much they're behind the team. ;)
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

It's not about keeping the faith, it's facing up to reality. The team ain't strong enough to win this season. Yes we lost a game and we will probably drop many more points

As far as I can see people giving their opinion on last night's game is more positive criticism if anything. We are all behind the lads, but the reality is sadly we ain't the strongest team in the league
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Gibston says players stuck in traffic. Does that explain Nat Liburd not even being a sub or Adam Whybrow not being on bench?
Trek

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote:Gibston says players stuck in traffic.
I suspect gibston may have inside information. ;)

Judging by some player's comments on twitter today, I suspect they are not used to having their performances analysed by fans when they played for other clubs. However, one of our players who I won't name was particularly critical of our team.
Last edited by Trek on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:
... or looked on Nat's twitter ...
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think a lot of people have forgotten where we were at the end of October last season - and some of the comments look very similar to those after the Eynesbury game - http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... &start=140
Trek

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote:
Trek wrote:
... or looked on Nat's twitter ...
Nat said he got there late, nothing about stuck in traffic.

I recall Nat and three and four others including Joe and Deaks arriving through the players gate when I was on duty. Didn't check my watch so can't confirm the time. ;)
Last edited by Trek on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Trek wrote:

Judging by some player's comments on twitter today, I suspect they are not used to having their performances analysed by fans when they played for other clubs. However, one of our players who I won't name was particularly critical of our team.
I see what you mean, they have to realize though it comes with the territory, if its too hot in the kitchen get out an all that!!

What players have got to learn is that one day they are loved the next they are hated (or considered rubbish) is the law of football, also I suppose on the other foot us fans need to step back abit and think about the crap that we spout :wink:

On the players plus side I have never seen a player yet to put on a AFC shirt and NOT give 100%, long may that continue, as soon as that stops happening theirs trouble at the mill.
Last edited by ron manager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

Formic wrote:I think a lot of people have forgotten where we were at the end of October last season - and some of the comments look very similar to those after the Eynesbury game - http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... &start=140
Enough said.