Elliott Dent

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Elliott Dent

Post by Trek »

Come on Ron, that criticism is unnecessary. Unfortunately, the way the world is now with players tweeting here there and every where things like this get publicised often before the webmaster who updates an OWS get formal notice of the news from his club secretary.
I for one, think we have one of the best and quickly updated OWS for football clubs amongst all of the non-league teams and I would go as far as suggesting that this particular player's departure, if true, is not worthy of 'headline' news.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Sorry just haven't had chance to get it confirmed let alone announce it as I have been working all day and had a club meeting all wednesday night and then covering for the club sec at the U18's last night.

Unfortunately if a player decides to leave quite often it will be announced by them on twitter before we have gone through the right channels, nothing we can do about that.

We try our best, sorry it's not good enough for you
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Trek wrote:Come on Ron, that criticism is unnecessary. Unfortunately, the way the world is now with players tweeting here there and every where things like this get publicised often before the webmaster who updates an OWS get formal notice of the news from his club secretary.
I for one, think we have one of the best and quickly updated OWS for football clubs amongst all of the non-league teams and I would go as far as suggesting that this particular player's departure, if true, is not worthy of 'headline' news.
I just don't think news like this should be found out by a fan asking the player directly, he did not tweet it himself did he, it was implied by another team member? He was a first team player and hence it was worth a news item on the site. If nothing appears people at Saturdays game will wonder where he is etc.

We pride ourselves on being open about things yet sometimes we shoot our selves in the foot, yes we are learning, but do the simple things like this and a whole two page of rumor mill would have been stopped dead in its tracks,

This is criticism, unfair no, its constructive criticism, I've offered to help many times, but as of yet been completely ignored, so I have given up. (I run my on websites and completely design and run wordpress sites so the official site is not a problem). It takes two seconds for a text message from someone and then a story could have been put up on the site (one paragraph would have done it), job done, no fuss, no rumors, no fans asking players directly, or am I overreacting here, maybe I just like things done promptly and professionally.

Onto Mr Dent, good luck where you go, no doubt you will be a star in the side that you choose.

PS, I think I will leave this site for a while, I seem to get myself in trouble too often :lol:
Trek

Post by Trek »

I personally, think you are over reacting, Ron particularly as you've ignored the previous post from bozzer.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Trek wrote:I personally, think you are over reacting, Ron particularly as you've ignored the previous post from bozzer.
Posted at the same time so didn't see it, site posted before I had chance to read his.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Eh, when you post this site prompts you with the fact that another post has been written.
But hey ho. ;)
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

[ Onto Mr Dent, good luck where you go, no doubt you will be a star in the side that you choose.

We have had quite a few comments that Elliot is a very good player and I find it difficult to understand why he is leaving a club that he has been involved with for several years. He is the type of player I thought we were looking for, good skills, quick, reliable, nice lad, team player and loves the club.. and attracted a sponsor who obviously styles his hair.... Have I missed something ?
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

FOOTYMAN wrote:[ Onto Mr Dent, good luck where you go, no doubt you will be a star in the side that you choose.

We have had quite a few comments that Elliot is a very good player and I find it difficult to understand why he is leaving a club that he has been involved with for several years. He is the type of player I thought we were looking for, good skills, quick, reliable, nice lad, team player and loves the club.. and attracted a sponsor who obviously styles his hair.... Have I missed something ?
He says he wamts to be playing every week not treated like a "YoYo".
AFC R&D Membership No 283
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Unforunately this type of information will always come out before the official club confirmation. Everybody knows somebody and news will filter through to social networks in seconds whilst it has been pointed out the official update may take a couple of days longer due to work and other club commitments. Even the best run clubs in the premier and football league who have teams looking after PR and websites cant act quickly enough if news hits through twitter or fcebook.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

You forget that until a player's registration is officially transferred to another club then he remains "our" player, so as yet there isn't much of a story.

It appears that Elliott as decided to move on in search of regular football (can't blame him for that) but has yet to finalise exactly where.

The headline

ELLIOTT DENT MOVES TO SOMEWHERE WE DON'T KNOW YET

isn't exactly the most riveting.

ron - if you'd like to take over the Community teams website. I'd be most grateful. You would have carte blanche to do what you like with it, within child protection guidelines, and develop it how you see fit.

PM me if you would be interested and I'll send you the log-in details