Altrincham match thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Altrincham match thread

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Gotta win on Wednesday now!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I know this is painful, but normally we would be happy with a draw at Altrincham who are on a good run and 10th in the league.

We NEED to stay focussed and not let it affect us to much, it's happened now, but we still have our fate in our own hands. JE seems like the kind of manager who will try and get this out of the players system, unlike for example, that goal Rochdale scored when we were relegated
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

from the match commentary we where all over them, but with the way football is and they got some luck the got the draw totally against the run of play like someone said already season or so go tht would have been a loss but time for the boys to put there noes back on the grind stone and just win the next one :D
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Would've been a 6 point gap to 5th place. It's not fair, it's not bloody fair, we had so many chances. :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

BringBackDuane wrote:alright Edinburgh, just take off our best player for no reason, and then don't put any defensive cover on in last 5 minutes. Naive.
lets calm down a bit!!

they got lucky at the death. J.E has done a superb job to get us where we are, i dont think we should be calling him naive.
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

BringBackDuane wrote:alright Edinburgh, just take off our best player for no reason, and then don't put any defensive cover on in last 5 minutes. Naive.

Get off his back jeb-end. its got nothing to do with Tomlin being our best player. He switched formation. Its a shame we've conceeded so late on but its still a VERY decent point.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Heads up lads and lasses, a point away from home is to celebrated !! Draw away, win at home - thats promotion form - we just need to beat Oxford on Wednesday.

Alty are no mugs at home, we knew that, gutting to lose out to a last minute goal, but hey, we beat Stevenage that way, what comes around and all that !! :D

I'm okay with the point, no serious damage done to our position and its still all very much in our own hands, we always knew there would be twists and turns in the run-in - I for one am enjoying the ride, where it takes us, who knows - just enjoy being up this end of the table eh?? !!

Time to focus on Oxford - 3 points at home on Wednesday and we'll all forget the disappointment of dropping 2 points today.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Disappointing to conceed on 90 minutes, but I think its a good result considering Alty are having a reletively good season this year, a draw away from home, not all that bad, would rather have had 3 points, but thats football for you.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Heads up lads and lasses, a point away from home is to celebrated !! Draw away, win at home - thats promotion form - we just need to beat Oxford on Wednesday.

Alty are no mugs at home, we knew that, gutting to lose out to a last minute goal, but hey, we beat Stevenage that way, what comes around and all that !! :D

I'm okay with the point, no serious damage done to our position and its still all very much in our own hands, we always knew there would be twists and turns in the run-in - I for one am enjoying the ride, where it takes us, who knows - just enjoy being up this end of the table eh?? !!

Time to focus on Oxford - 3 points at home on Wednesday and we'll all forget the disappointment of dropping 2 points today.
Well said Pigman, obviously we're all disappointed to drop the two points, but we have no devine right to win every game.
Like you said there will be ups and downs over the remaining games, but I for one am glad we are at the right end of the league table for once! :)
And lets all laugh at K*ttering!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Harry

Post by Harry »

****ing gutting.
Diamond down South.