Jake Newman....Oh dear

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Jake Newman....Oh dear

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Newman came on in the 63rd minute and scored in the 89th. I make that 1003 minutes!
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Diamond Warrior wrote:Newman came on in the 63rd minute and scored in the 89th. I make that 1003 minutes!
I do think we should send him a card to commemorate his amazing achievement, not many (strikers) can move to a big Club, learn so much in the first 2 weeks there & follow it up with a 1003 minute break between league goals. Presume yesterday's was with his slightly favoured left foot ?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Another letter in the NLP today from a disgruntled local football fan regarding the money KTFC appear to have come into now that their winding up petition has been seen off. Contents of it here:
K*ttering kitty leaves us bemused

As a football supporter of a certain age, I was pleased to see K*ttering Town survive their winding up order following their successful fundraising appeal.

They are, unquestionably, a major name in non-league circles and it would have been a blow to the game as a whole to see them disappear. Recently though I have become aware of certain rumbles of discontent about what has been happening at the club since. Looking at the timeline of their recent new signings, it seems that as soon as the online appeal reached its £20k target to pay off the creditors, the club immediately proceded to delve into a 'kitty' to buy the best players in their division.

The people who I know who donated did so in the belief and understanding that the club was on its last legs and was desperate for funds to keep their name alive. If these donaters had known that the club was sitting on a transfer kitty they were planning to unleash as soon as others had bailed them out, I'm not sure they would have bothered.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291