[ Sat 21st Dec ] v Boston Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Dec ] v Boston Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by Pigman »

I wasn't there today so can't comment on the performance, but very disappointed with the result, effectively makes last week's win at Spalding just another 3 points rather than closing the gap.

If players react to criticism from fans on social media bigger fool them - show some class and rise above it, as they say, if you can't bear the heat.......... !!

Onwards and upwards, no time to mope about, heads up and bounce back against Wellingborough, the best medicine !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Formic wrote:
Diamond Warrior wrote:I wasn't there today, but after seeing some tweets by Aaron King, it is clear he doesn't want to be at the Club. The sooner he has gone, the better.
He might have risen to some in-depth abuse by one of our more outspoken fans, but I don't blame him for that.
In-depth, really?! Judging by the moans and comments that can be heard whenever he faffs around on the ball / doesn't challenge / doesn't even run / berates his teammates, I'm going to go ahead and guess that I'm not the only one that's pissed off with him.

Maybe if he hears some of this he'll show more effort or maybe he'll leave. Either one's a good outcome IMO.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Whip

Post by Whip »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Formic wrote:
Diamond Warrior wrote:I wasn't there today, but after seeing some tweets by Aaron King, it is clear he doesn't want to be at the Club. The sooner he has gone, the better.
He might have risen to some in-depth abuse by one of our more outspoken fans, but I don't blame him for that.
In-depth, really?! Judging by the moans and comments that can be heard whenever he faffs around on the ball / doesn't challenge / doesn't even run / berates his teammates, I'm going to go ahead and guess that I'm not the only one that's pissed off with him.

Maybe if he hears some of this he'll show more effort or maybe he'll leave. Either one's a good outcome IMO.
Yes, in your opinion. Myself and many others I speak to do NOT want King to leave. He is one of our best players, maybe this is why he is the first to come under the microscope when things don't particularly go right???
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Tbf to him he's been alright and his attitude has been better imo since the whole debacle over the tweets last month, shame we get one defeat he wants to leave again.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Olly wrote:
Tbf to him he's been alright and his attitude has been better imo since the whole debacle over the tweets last month, shame we get one defeat he wants to leave again.
I guess you haven't read the tweets - which is too often the case with these sorts of debates. In fact he says the complete opposite in response to the abuse. I don't think its appropriate to copy those tweets on here, but I wanted to put things straight.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Coincidence after the conversation arose this evening that King has deleted tweets regarding his future at the club
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Let's not blow this out of proportion - Kingy didn't say he wanted to or was leaving, quite the opposite as Formic has already pointed out.
He may not be your favourite player but while he's putting on Diamonds shirt and playing for us, he deserves our support.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

He may lack the attitude and motivation sometimes, but for me King is the most talented player at the club, he's probably the only player who can pull something incredible out of the bag at any time, e.g. Cambridge, Oadby etc.

It would be stupid to push him out of the club by abusing him on Twitter, if he's not getting up for games, I'm sure the Manager can deal with this rather than forcing him out of the club altogether.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

rdfc4life wrote:He may lack the attitude and motivation sometimes, but for me King is the most talented player at the club, he's probably the only player who can pull something incredible out of the bag at any time, e.g. Cambridge, Oadby etc.

It would be stupid to push him out of the club by abusing him on Twitter, if he's not getting up for games, I'm sure the Manager can deal with this rather than forcing him out of the club altogether.

+1.
I don't want to see players moaning about things on twitter even if they are p!ssed off, it's what they do in the game that counts not officials etc. It's good to feel bad about losing, it's better to be motivated to go out in the next game and win it.
AFC R & D member number 34
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I think the trouble with some people is there is far to much expectation. Obviously beating Spalding was massive and there aint many clubs that will go there this season and do that, but to say that Spalding will drop enough points to be caught is a bit ambitious. I aint writing the team off, but I have to think real for a minute. Losing points is going to come sooner or later, which is why I aint fussed to much about yesterday. Top 5 in the first premier season would be a major achievement...

For me the vase is more important and getting through is more important imo. That goal is slightly more achievable rather than promotion which is in the distance.

As for king, he seems to be so inconsistent which is where frustration occurs. its 2 forwards and 3 back where hes concerned. A poor game, then he will have a blinder. Yes he can have a moment of magic, but I just wish he would buck his ideas and attitude up and play with the team. His flicks and moves are still saying that he should be playing at a higher level.

Im sitting on the fence and totally 50 50 with him. I really rate him on one hand and there is definitely potential, but on the other hand I think there is far better that we could call a team player...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60