[ Tue 11th Mar ] v Deeping Rangers, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Mar ] v Deeping Rangers, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Believe it or not, this will be the first game I've been able to attend in FIVE months! Either been working, or the games have been called off!! New Years Day etc
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

We'll forget about this one as that was a poor performance. Deeping deserved their win worked hard and probably the best visitors this season. Hopefully we can still secure runners-up but better performances are required during the run in
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Score ? :?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondal wrote:Score ? :?
2-1 Deeping. 90th minute penalty won it
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

2-1, Deeping won with a late penalty after a hand-ball on the touchline inside the box. Unfortunate, but at the end of the day we were just unlucky. Spoke to a few of the Rangers fans on the way out, they seemed to think they'd been lucky, which is probably a fair assessment; a fairly evenly-matched performance with a few dodgy decisions from the ref for both sides, turned by the rub of the green.

I thought King actually played quite well, especially later in the second half, really started creating things - a good sign for the next season, but let's focus on getting second for now and aim at the title next year.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

James Beil wrote: I thought King actually played quite well, especially later in the second half, really started creating things - a good sign for the next season, but let's focus on getting second for now and aim at the title next year.
I hope you don't mean King! :/
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

lost 2-1. i have to say that if thats the best 2 of the top teams can offer then no suprise that Spalding are romping it. We were shocking, flat, short on ideas, poor passsing, 2 shots on target during the 90, errors for both goals, comical almost unbelieveable threat going forward at times. Deeping were nothing special yet their defence probably had the easiest night of the season. Why keep launching it for Fazel and Taylor to challenge the 2 six foot defenders with zero success. why always make the wrong decision when in the final third. make a decision and go for it, dont confuse yourself and either fall over the ball, kick it out of play or pass it to an opposition player. I know the league was out of our reach long before christmas but come on, we are better than that. when was the last time we really played weell? Im sure things will change in the summer and my personal opinion is that there are 6 players in our squad who are good enough to take us forward.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

fentiger79 wrote:lost 2-1. i have to say that if thats the best 2 of the top teams can offer then no suprise that Spalding are romping it. We were shocking, flat, short on ideas, poor passsing, 2 shots on target during the 90, errors for both goals, comical almost unbelieveable threat going forward at times. Deeping were nothing special yet their defence probably had the easiest night of the season. Why keep launching it for Fazel and Taylor to challenge the 2 six foot defenders with zero success. why always make the wrong decision when in the final third. make a decision and go for it, dont confuse yourself and either fall over the ball, kick it out of play or pass it to an opposition player. I know the league was out of our reach long before christmas but come on, we are better than that. when was the last time we really played weell? Im sure things will change in the summer and my personal opinion is that there are 6 players in our squad who are good enough to take us forward.
Fair assessment, it was a poor game and neither team deserved to win really, we were very poor in the second half, a draw would have been a decent result, but losing means it'll be touch and go whether we get 2nd spot. Did anyone catch who made the ridiculous, needless handball at the end? And perhaps more importantly, did anyone catch who chucked something (was it a cup?) at the goalie at pretty much the same time?

And is it me, or did the crowd look like more than 309, I thought it was closer to 400 tbh?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

I thought Deeping were slightly less awful than us and therefore probably deserved to win, certainly they got behind our full backs several times and should have made more of their chances.
It was Parky who stuck out his hand and punched the ball for no apparent reason.
Was the crowd only 309, agree looked more like 400.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sid wrote: Was the crowd only 309, agree looked more like 400.
Agreed, no mention of the figure on twitter and I thought it was given out as 389 over the PA .