[ Sat 26th Apr ] v S&L Corby, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: [ Sat 26th Apr ] v S&L Corby, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by MarkH »

Could these be the same morons who got banned from the Dog & Duck not long back for foul language to the oppo's keeper ?
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

What absolute crettins, morons...anything you can think of.
I believe the culprits were easily identified and I am sure the club will act. Once again a mindless few have besmirched our good name. They have no place in our set up. I don't care how many they are, to me they are just drunken slobs who need a good kicking (metaphorically speaking) and banned from grounds in England.

Where the hell do they get these things from?

Don't be too harsh on the Corby player. I am sure he did not mean to throw it in amongst the innocent fans behind the goal. He was only trying to clear the pitch and it was probably too hot for him to get a good grip and throw it cleanly.
Although technically he should have been booked or even sent off.

As for the game, somewhat dull but Henderson did score the 250th goal in AFC R & D history.

Roll on August with an invigorated squad and some new faces.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Bans are unenforceable at this level for a whole host of reasons. Whenever we ban people from home games I can't help but think they're a waste of time really. As far as I can see there's 3 or 4 consistently causing the problem and everybody else is innocent in reality but guilty by association. I think we should be careful when pointing fingers and accusing groups of people particularly on social media.

Throwing a flare onto the pitch is totally stupid but a player throwing it back into the crowd has to rank as one of the most moronic things i've ever seen.

I can sense where this topic is going to head but there was a game played today, albeit an incredibly boring one. A ground that makes a mockery of ground grading with a playing surface bordering on the ridiculous. Offensively we were extremely poor besides Joseph but nothing to get too worked up about given the game was a dead rubber and the season's now over. Reinforcements required in the summer if we're to ensure we improve on this season, and between Peaksy & Parky i'm sure we'll have the contacts to find them.

In other news I see Harborough have stayed up at the expense of Long Buckby after they won at Sleaford today. Lee Bassett scored his 50th goal of the season for Eynesbury too. I'd love to see him here next season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Totally agree with the above
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

sussexdiamond wrote:What absolute crettins, morons...anything you can think of.
I believe the culprits were easily identified and I am sure the club will act. Once again a mindless few have besmirched our good name. They have no place in our set up. I don't care how many they are, to me they are just drunken slobs who need a good kicking (metaphorically speaking) and banned from grounds in England.

Where the hell do they get these things from?

Don't be too harsh on the Corby player. I am sure he did not mean to throw it in amongst the innocent fans behind the goal. He was only trying to clear the pitch and it was probably too hot for him to get a good grip and throw it cleanly.
Although technically he should have been booked or even sent off.

As for the game, somewhat dull but Henderson did score the 250th goal in AFC R & D history.

Roll on August with an invigorated squad and some new faces.
Agree with your sentiments and I fully understand the S&L player chucking the flair back where it came from even if it wasn't the sensible thing to do. I would have probably done exactly the same if I was on the pitch in the heat of the moment. In regards to getting hold of flairs- the Internet I suspect. All in all very silly and stupid, what is even more frustrating is that the majority of those involved turn up once or twice a season!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Olly wrote: we're going to earn ourselves a reputation and I really do not want to be a supporter of one 'those' clubs.
Totally agree - AFCRD is losing more fans than gaining them at the moment. I've not been to a game this year due to an incident involving an AFCRD fan at a home game near Christmas. However, before all of the blame gets shunned onto the younger supporters, the incident I refer to did not involve a young person.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

If anyone wishes to continue to discuss the 'off the pitch incidents' then please refer to the thread on the members forum, this thread is for the game that took place today
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Olly wrote:I was just saying to my dad at the end how there have been perhaps a few too many incidents involving our fans this season, I won't point any fingers at any groups in particular, but it has got to stop,
I think you'll find these aren't OUR fans as they only attend probably two games a season. I'd be interested to know what "groups" you are referring to although I could probably hazard a guess.

In fairness to our club the "fans" in question have already been banned from home games. We need a banned from one banned from all. As an ex steward suggested on a different site.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

The pitch was sloping and bobbly and wind was strong but my god were Rushden awful today. We made S&L look good at times! Ready for their summer holidays or what, I'm not sure but we made hard work of today.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote:The pitch was sloping and bobbly and wind was strong but my god were Rushden awful today. We made S&L look good at times! Ready for their summer holidays or what, I'm not sure but we made hard work of today.
By looking at today, there are 3 or 4 players that just don't have the minerals. No need to name names but I'm sure Peaksy will rectify the problem during the summer