[ Sat 26th Apr ] v S&L Corby, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 26th Apr ] v S&L Corby, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by Olly »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Olly wrote:I was just saying to my dad at the end how there have been perhaps a few too many incidents involving our fans this season, I won't point any fingers at any groups in particular, but it has got to stop,
I think you'll find these aren't OUR fans as they only attend probably two games a season. I'd be interested to know what "groups" you are referring to although I could probably hazard a guess.

In fairness to our club the "fans" in question have already been banned from home games. We need a banned from one banned from all. As an ex steward suggested on a different site.
I know what you mean and I agree they shouldn't be considered our 'fans', and I have noticed at times this season there seems to be a small group of lads who only seem to come to the big games (and this one for some reason). But at the end of the day, that's not how the UCL and the rest of the league is going to see it, they're with our fans, singing our songs (albeit old songs associated with the old club) and other clubs are unfortunately going to see them as 'Rushden fans'.

And I when I mentioned 'groups', I just said that to make it clear that I recognise that our regular, loyal group of singers are not the problem here.
Last edited by Olly on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly

Post by Olly »

And on a slightly lighter note, it was a very odd little ground, first time I think I've ever watched a game from below pitch level, Matt Gearing almost had to run up hill to take the corner, ridiculous pitch and bus shelters stuck together to make a 'stand'!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

Olly

Post by Olly »

Rushdenjim wrote:The pitch was sloping and bobbly and wind was strong but my god were Rushden awful today. We made S&L look good at times! Ready for their summer holidays or what, I'm not sure but we made hard work of today.
The 2nd half was probably the poorest I've seen us play this season and it did make me wonder why we couldn't give some of the younger lads and fringe players a go today, at least they would have been more up for it.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Rushdenjim wrote:If anyone wishes to continue to discuss the 'off the pitch incidents' then please refer to the thread on the members forum, this thread is for the game that took place today
Need to be a Member to do that!
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Having just got home, only going to comment on the S&L player throwing the flare back into the crowd (as I gave him a lot of stick at the time).

Not his fault it is on the pitch, but what he did was far more dangerous that what the moron who threw it actually did. It nearly hit me as I wasn't looking, along with several others including children who had nothing to do with the innocent. To throw it into a crowd who are not looking is absurd.

Whilst he seemed to think it was funny, it was outrageously stupid and it is lucky no-one was hurt.

Goes without saying, of course, none of this would have happened without the idiocy by someone behind the goal.
Member Number: 21
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Rushdenjim wrote:If anyone wishes to continue to discuss the 'off the pitch incidents' then please refer to the thread on the members forum, this thread is for the game that took place today
This is a open unofficial forum to discuss what anyone wishes to. That's the idea. The reason it has virtually become a graveyard in recent years in terms of posts is because comments like the above. Stop being a fun spunge and stop dictating what can a can't be discussed on what forum.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Harborough staying up at expense of Long Buckby? Surely both teams should be safe as the Prem is already short of teams and they wont promote 3.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Dowlo wrote:
This is a open unofficial forum to discuss what anyone wishes to. That's the idea. The reason it has virtually become a graveyard in recent years in terms of posts is because comments like the above. Stop being a fun spunge and stop dictating what can a can't be discussed on what forum.
I think it was merely a suggestion that if people wanted to say more on a closed forum, they could do so there and avoid another large thread, like the one seen a few weeks ago.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote:Harborough staying up at expense of Long Buckby? Surely both teams should be safe as the Prem is already short of teams and they wont promote 3.
I reckon only S&L will be relegated. They're now predicting Godmanchester Rovers will be moved side wards and Thurnby Nirvana promoted into the UCL making a 21 strong division next term.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Had really high hopes for this match, turned out to be one of dullest of the season, poor ground but an even poorer game. Changes definitely need to be made in order for a chance at the title next season. There were players yesterday that looked like they couldn't be bothered. I'm sure peaksy will work his magic! Not sure why dunks wasn't played yesterday. He brings a different shape to the team. I hope he don't become inpatient next season and decide to move on.

As with the flare incident, one mindless little boy is tarnishing the club big time. Whether or not the defender threw it back with intent I don't know.

Onwards and upwards to next season, I'm sure there is more exciting times to come...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60