[ Sat 28th Feb ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Feb ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote:The title would be nice. More than nice. But the main thing is that we finish above Holbeach and in the top 3. As long as we get out of this league I am a happy man as I sincerely do not want to visit the likes of Oadby, Thurnby and Long Buckby again next season.

Wisbech's form makes our 3-1 win with 8 men look outstanding. I'm hoping that result will give us a mental advantage when they visit the D&D later this month.
Indeed, I'm sure a few of the SL Central teams are little better in terms of grounds, but I was having a look at a few of the SL Central grounds the other day and there are at least a few half decent grounds in comparison with some of the UCL shitholes we've been too, some like Rugby and Bedford of course even have roofed terraces behind the goals! Although a trip to Latimer Park seems highly unlikely in that league right now.

But Wisbech must have greatly improved since our visit there, against 11 men or 8 men, they looked extremely average and that's probably being kind.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

I stood near dugouts first half and the moaning before we scored is unreal,top of the league scoring for fun what do some of these people want,it's embarrassing at times!! Second half moved around to the other side and as soon as elj stepped on the pitch off they go again,don't get me wrong you pay your money your entitled to your say but just can't see what more peaksy or the players can do but it must really p*ss them off,some fans need to remember the level they are watching!! Let's all get right behind peaksy and the boys with lots of positive encouragement
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:The title would be nice. More than nice. But the main thing is that we finish above Holbeach and in the top 3. As long as we get out of this league I am a happy man as I sincerely do not want to visit the likes of Oadby, Thurnby and Long Buckby again next season.

Wisbech's form makes our 3-1 win with 8 men look outstanding. I'm hoping that result will give us a mental advantage when they visit the D&D later this month.
I feel the same way, maybe we would eventually find out that the SLC isn't much better, but I doubt that all the clubs in that league would have a chip on their shoulder about us like the ones in this division. Plus I'll be based in London next season so travel to away games would be much, much easier. Hopefully one of North Greenford or Hayes can stay up to make this even nicer!

Here's the current projection for the SLC:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

gibston wrote:I stood near dugouts first half and the moaning before we scored is unreal,top of the league scoring for fun what do some of these people want,it's embarrassing at times!! Second half moved around to the other side and as soon as elj stepped on the pitch off they go again,don't get me wrong you pay your money your entitled to your say but just can't see what more peaksy or the players can do but it must really p*ss them off,some fans need to remember the level they are watching!! Let's all get right behind peaksy and the boys with lots of positive encouragement
Where as I agree with you on one part, I disagree with you on another!! I too was stood next to the dugout and yes there was moaning, but I with a fanbase as large as our following you are always going to have a mixed view. It would be impossible to keep everyone happy.. I'll admit I don't usually shout any moans but of course you have got to have a tut and a sigh when things don't go right, and for the opening 15 mins it didn't. By the abysmal defending in the first 45 seconds it looked like Huntingdon may well have been up for the game (obviously we couldnt tell how the game would pan out) Sam brown had the worst 45 mins I've seen and Dolman in first half hour was so slow at his distributing he hardly got out of gear 1 :lol:

I know judging by peaksys reaction he wasn't amused at a comment made by a fan regarding his management style of slowing the game down at 3-1 up?? I ain't sure why anybody would want to slow right down and step off the gas.. You have peaksy shouting to slow down and a couple of mins later for a free kick next to the dugout Paul lamb shouting to speed up? I'm glad I don't manage :?

As with Elliot, I'm not his biggest fan as my posts suggest, but now matty is showing why he should start, there is no reason he shouldn't get his chance from the bench.. although matty had a quiet first half he just didn't get the service, As hoof ball from the back was the desired option. Is there any wonder fans are disgruntled sometimes?

Bottom line is there is nothing worse than conceding in the position we are in, the rest of teams are capable in having a say in the race, and I ain't so sure holbeach is out of it. Don't forget one draw in the next week or so and its game on..... I would say rather than call it moaning, passion boiling over is more correct :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

It's moaning without a doubt.

Where's all this talk about finishing third coming from? If we finishnthird from here we should be too embarrassed to take promition
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

corby diamond wrote:
gibston wrote:I stood near dugouts first half and the moaning before we scored is unreal,top of the league scoring for fun what do some of these people want,it's embarrassing at times!! Second half moved around to the other side and as soon as elj stepped on the pitch off they go again,don't get me wrong you pay your money your entitled to your say but just can't see what more peaksy or the players can do but it must really p*ss them off,some fans need to remember the level they are watching!! Let's all get right behind peaksy and the boys with lots of positive encouragement
Where as I agree with you on one part, I disagree with you on another!! I too was stood next to the dugout and yes there was moaning, but I with a fanbase as large as our following you are always going to have a mixed view. It would be impossible to keep everyone happy.. I'll admit I don't usually shout any moans but of course you have got to have a tut and a sigh when things don't go right, and for the opening 15 mins it didn't. By the abysmal defending in the first 45 seconds it looked like Huntingdon may well have been up for the game (obviously we couldnt tell how the game would pan out) Sam brown had the worst 45 mins I've seen and Dolman in first half hour was so slow at his distributing he hardly got out of gear 1 :lol:

I know judging by peaksys reaction he wasn't amused at a comment made by a fan regarding his management style of slowing the game down at 3-1 up?? I ain't sure why anybody would want to slow right down and step off the gas.. You have peaksy shouting to slow down and a couple of mins later for a free kick next to the dugout Paul lamb shouting to speed up? I'm glad I don't manage :?

As with Elliot, I'm not his biggest fan as my posts suggest, but now matty is showing why he should start, there is no reason he shouldn't get his chance from the bench.. although matty had a quiet first half he just didn't get the service, As hoof ball from the back was the desired option. Is there any wonder fans are disgruntled sometimes?

Bottom line is there is nothing worse than conceding in the position we are in, the rest of teams are capable in having a say in the race, and I ain't so sure holbeach is out of it. Don't forget one draw in the next week or so and its game on..... I would say rather than call it moaning, passion boiling over is more correct :lol:
even world class players have off days it's impossible to play well every minute off every game,football is about opinions but all I'm saying is were top of the league but people still want more!! I'd imagine peaksy wants to win every game 5-0 but it doesn't work like that,the players in this league are in this league for a reason maybe it's because they make mistakes,had thier day or that's just thier level,all I'm saying is were in a great position so instead of looking for all the negative stuff let's get right behind the boys,so if someone makes a mistake or the wrong choice pass let's not shout ooooh wake up,show some passion,your only in the team because of your uncle,come on peaksy sort it out its really embarrassing might understand if we was mid table but guess what we're TOP.let's use our so called 12th man as a big advantage.
RANT OVER
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

^^^^^^^
What he said
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

It's human nature to have a moan from time to time, we're football fans, it's our job ;) :lol: I just don't like it when it gets personal and against a specific player, we all get frustrated at a loose pass or a poor finish - it's only because we care, we all know it's not the Prem, doesn't mean we can't set high standards though.

I know we have to take each game at a time etc (cliches r us), but looking forward to the Wisbech match it's worth noting they were on an 8 match unbeaten run when last we played them, in which they'd scored 28 goals!!

I don't think we have to fear anyone!! If we can field anywhere close to an unchanged side in those 10 games we'll be champions I reckon! That starting lineup is quality and has goals in it. Wisbech are good, I'm not disputing that, but teams we've beaten have run them close - play to our strengths and we'll beat them at the D&D.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mal's Pics are added to Paul's match report - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/huntingdon-t ... diamonds-7
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

After watching the highlights I did not realize at the time just how good the build up to the penalty was. Rogers on edge of our area to Ashton to Confue to Berwick.
It would be great if we had instant replays available when commentating as we sometimes have to wait for twitter to give us the true facts and identity of goalscorer........I still think it was Jacks goal on Saturday!
And what a belter that was from Sam.