AFCRD No1 Shirt

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: AFCRD No1 Shirt

Post by Pigman »

Rushdenjim wrote:Several BBC outlets are posting links now, including the official MOTD Facebook, where it is getting hundreds of comments of support. The league simply can't ignore the media attention is has gone now
They'll probably revel in it !! Dreadful PR gaff - if no announcement tomorrow I reckon some emails/tweeting to league sponsors may be the next step - money talks !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Petition closing in on 1,000 signatures now !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Rushdenjim wrote:Several BBC outlets are posting links now, including the official MOTD Facebook, where it is getting hundreds of comments of support. The league simply can't ignore the media attention it has got now
Fair play to the media for publicising it, we're one of the top stories on BBC and I'm a bit amazed really considering we're a small club from level 8 of the pyramid and with most stuff being about the start of the PL season tomorrow. Looking through twitter, I was expecting to come across the token cynic coming out with some 'rules are rules' BS, but no, nothing, it truly is a completely undefendable ruling that makes zero sense and I'm very confident now that the SL, or the FA will rule in our favour, now just hope Finlay doesn't wear the no. 1 on his back like the OS says he will tomorrow.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Olly wrote:
Rushdenjim wrote:Several BBC outlets are posting links now, including the official MOTD Facebook, where it is getting hundreds of comments of support. The league simply can't ignore the media attention it has got now
Fair play to the media for publicising it, we're one of the top stories on BBC and I'm a bit amazed really considering we're a small club from level 8 of the pyramid and with most stuff being about the start of the PL season tomorrow. Looking through twitter, I was expecting to come across the token cynic coming out with some 'rules are rules' BS, but no, nothing, it truly is a completely undefendable ruling that makes zero sense and I'm very confident now that the SL, or the FA will rule in our favour, now just hope Finlay doesn't wear the no. 1 on his back like the OS says he will tomorrow.
Now been picked up by the Mirror, with Link to the petition (now over 1000). It's key just to get as many as possible to sign it as a public statement of how we feel about this. Post it on as many places as you can.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Redrobbo

Post by Redrobbo »

Register Ellie as our No 1 keeper. She'll be too busy cheering to want to play!
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Great article in Mirror. :D

Excellent. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but the Southern board are useless.

Hopeful the FA can use common sense.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Everyweeker wrote:
Trek wrote:Petition now approaching 800 signatures. Tomorrow I suggest that Matt Finlay wears a jersey without a number to emphasis our stance on the matter.
Trek, I believe you and others have an account on the excellent NonLeagueMatters forum - could you post a link to the petition there? It may garner some support (as well as some comments from the 'awkward squad' no doubt).
Yeah, I notice there are some cynical comments on there who went on about whether there was a precedent in NL football, which there clearly has been. But even if there wasn't a precedent set here, is it that difficult for the SL to set that precedent and make an exception here seeing as though it means so much to the club, it's a ****ing squad number ffs, it's hardly like we're asking for anything major here :?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Please, please fight against this. If the board read this thread, which I know they do, please go against any ruling for tomorrow's game. You have all the support of every member, fan and football supporter. We will help pay any fine. Do not let this go, it will only get more and more support if we stand up to this stupid decision.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

If the Club, feel we must abide by the SL's decision how about them doing a 'Derek Dougan' on this one to promote our cause?
Get Matt to wear a jersey with 'ONE' on the back in letters and 'Dale Roberts' underneath. This would garner even more publicity in my opinion.