[ Sat 19th Sep ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm SLD1C HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 19th Sep ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm SLD1C HOME

Post by Formic »

It was certainly a good all-around performance today, and when you consider eight of the starting XI were from our UCL days its doubly impressive that they've turned over the league favourites.

That nudges the unbeaten run up to 30 games, but it will give Deeping an even bigger incentive to get one over on us next weekend.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Thought it was a thoroughly deserved win. An electric start where Aylesbury couldn't live with us, and doing a professional job of protecting the lead in the second half. Really pleased with how we've dealt with the stronger teams in this division so far.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Formic wrote:The Southern League website seems to have crashed, so it's tricky to establish whether we are still top of the league, given CSP won 4-0 today. That might be enough to give them the lead on goals scored!
Probably couldn't cope with all the Diamonds fans checking it ;)

We ARE the real deal !! Today, against one of the "fancied" sides I thought we looked composed and that was as comfortable 1-0 wins as you will see!

Well done Peaksy and the lads !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

A league table that I saw had both us and CSP on 18 points and identical goal difference of +8 goals although CSP were placed first on account of scoring more goals.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Excellent performance from the lads. A well earn 1-0 victory over another top side. I agree with MOTM Hoban. :D
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

updiamonds wrote:Excellent performance from the lads. A well earn 1-0 victory over another top side. I agree with MOTM Hoban. :D
Hoban looks very comfortable and does everything simple. The team also raises their all round performance, just as they did last season with Confue. We are top, but it only counts at the end of the season. Great start, and UNBEATEN. :P :P
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

@SouthernLeague1: Our apologies if you have had difficulties accessing the League website this evening. We are working to resolves the issues.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Although early in the season, today had quite an impact on the League Table. 3rd lost, 4th drew, 5th lost, 6th lost
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

We'd seen today's ref before in our Vase game against Graham St Prims when he dithered over some decisions, and clearly he took the easy option when he failed to show the red card to the Moles #9 - either for his initial wrestling move that could have earned more than a yellow, or for his tackle shortly afterwards that was worse than subsequent challenges that earned yellow cards. He was in danger of letting the Moles bench run the game for him at times.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

updiamonds wrote:Excellent performance from the lads. A well earn 1-0 victory over another top side. I agree with MOTM Hoban. :D
He was unplayable at times today, no wonder their defenders resorted to just hacking him down and their number 9 was extremely lucky not to be sent off, he surely would have been booked for that challenge had he not have already been on a yellow, so why did the ref let him off?

A great win today, made hard work of it in the second half, but it was such an explosive start to the game from our lads and we defended very well. Like already said, we've shown that we are the real deal at this point and beaten potential promotion rivals and while it may be early, I really think we can be in the top 2/3 all season, exciting times :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308