[ Sat 10th Oct ] v Ashton Utd, KO 3pm FAC3QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Oct ] v Ashton Utd, KO 3pm FAC3QR HOME

Post by Rushdenjim »

Underwhelmed with the attendance today. Factoring out an opposite that actually brought a coach load, the attendance was no different from Saturday home games of previous weeks. Looking back its also 200 down on the Cambridge City 2nd round game a couple of seasons back.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Great Match Report from Olly. I particularly liked the bit about "HMS Alamo".

Looking at teams left in competition I think we will still be in Northern half of draw. Probably Barrow or Gateshead away!!!

Best scenario is home to winners of Brackley and Rugby.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

sussexdiamond wrote:Great Match Report from Olly. I particularly liked the bit about "HMS Alamo".

Looking at teams left in competition I think we will still be in Northern half of draw. Probably Barrow or Gateshead away!!!

Best scenario is home to winners of Brackley and Rugby.
Obviously if we could reach Round 1 and get a half decent draw, given our name and the history of the old club, we would have a great chance of being televised, which would be massive for the club. So a home game against the lowest ranked team possible please :)
On an entirely selfish note as I am in Dorset that day, stick us in the south and away to Poole Town ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Surprised to read that their joint manager was their keeper, although he couldn't do much about the goals he looked quite poor. Picking the team he has the power to play himself obviously! ;)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Rushdenjim wrote:Underwhelmed with the attendance today. Factoring out an opposite that actually brought a coach load, the attendance was no different from Saturday home games of previous weeks. Looking back its also 200 down on the Cambridge City 2nd round game a couple of seasons back.
it was always going to happen, you are now left with the diehard with a few stragglers attending the odd game. Maybe if the club splashed some cash on advertising the games and offered incentives to passing "fans" there may be more. Unfortunately you are now static with people dropping off rather than coming. I know of at least five people plus me that have stopped going regularly. In fact that was my first game this season and if I'm totally honest I wouldn't have bothered if my brother hadn't have joined me. My opinion is target the kids and keep them happy, maybe do two sizes of burger, maybe offer a token system (similar to McDonalds coffee card) where kids come four times and get fifth free. Offer half time events to kids. Basically the kids are the future if the club is going to survive, remember what is opening right next door.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

It is as straightforward as, we have beaten step 3 side and are in the draw for the next round. No different to any other season, you play a team, if you win, you get a decent winners pot of cash and you proceed. No team is an 'easier' fixture. So a great defensive performance from everyone has put us in the next round, and, deservedly so. We are only expected to go so far in this competition, let's enjoy it while we can. Although the crowd was less than I expected, it was a good atmosphere.
Well done AFCR&D.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I think that one of the problems affecxting the attendance is beyond the clubs control , ie the Parking , this must put a lot of older people off who would have to walk a fair way , coupled with the road works at present which have also lost us 15-20 spaces on the road as well
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Excellent defensive display, I bet peaks was well chuffed with that. Desperately need Hoban fit for the next round, ELJ too. Missed having any wingers yesterday and need Tommy back in the middle. Hope for a decent winnable home tie but I have a feeling its going to be one of the big boys.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushdenjim wrote:Underwhelmed with the attendance today. Factoring out an opposite that actually brought a coach load, the attendance was no different from Saturday home games of previous weeks. Looking back its also 200 down on the Cambridge City 2nd round game a couple of seasons back.
Was 630, still a decent enough attendance in my eyes. Was also our highest attendance of the season, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure we'll get a higher attendance, particularly if we get a Conference side in the First Round (should we get there)

The Cambridge City game was during a lovely sunny day, which obviously attracted a few more fans. I also imagine Cambridge City came along with more supporters than Ashton (again, if I'm not mistaken)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:I also imagine Cambridge City came along with more supporters than Ashton (again, if I'm not mistaken)
Ashton United are the worst supported team in the Evo-Stick Northern Premier. Only average around 150 at home.