[ Tue 2nd Feb ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm NFAHSC SF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: [ Tue 2nd Feb ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm NFAHSC SF HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Cannot deny I am looking forward to this Final, but we are NOT Rushden ands Diamonds we are a completely different club. All that went on before between Ploppies and R & D is now consigned to history. Now is the time to create some new history of our own and look forward to hopefully playing them in the League next season.

Personally I would have liked the game to be played after the league season ends, maybe the Bank Holiday Monday and at Steel Park, where the atmosphere and attendance would be so much better. But If we are in play-offs they possibly take place over that weekend.

Like Andy Burgess I never saw R & D lose to Ploppies, and have great memories of those games. The Darby Derby at Rockingham Road in our Championship season was probably the best of many.
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

That's a load of rubbish :fool: . Yes technically we are a different club however the history and rivalry remains, you are deluded if you think any different I'm afraid. Steel park would not be practical in terms of segregation, there will be loads coming out of the woodwork for this one!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:That's a load of rubbish :fool: . Yes technically we are a different club however the history and rivalry remains, you are deluded if you think any different I'm afraid. Steel park would not be practical in terms of segregation, there will be loads coming out of the woodwork for this one!
I followed R & D from 1994 and have many great memories, but the fact remains that it was not a club where we could get involved and have a say, everything was given to us on a plate, and for that I am most grateful to Max.

But my point about AFC R & D is that we ARE a NEW club owned and run by the members who give up so much time for the benefit of not just themselves but to the footballing community of the area. We have to work for what we have now and that makes it all the more special. Our whole ethos is different.

Of course we can't forget the past, but lets move on and create some new history of our own. It is great to once again to have a real local rivalry and long may it continue.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The definition of a club is an association of people who get together with a common interest. If we are not Rushden & Diamonds then why did we vote for that name? We chose to resurrect our club from the ashes of the old one. We ARE the same club, just in a different set up, that's why we are formally recognized by the FA as reformed.
Great performance last night, cracking game of football all round.
AFC R & D member number 34
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote:Cannot deny I am looking forward to this Final, but we are NOT Rushden ands Diamonds we are a completely different club. All that went on before between Ploppies and R & D is now consigned to history. Now is the time to create some new history of our own and look forward to hopefully playing them in the League next season.

Personally I would have liked the game to be played after the league season ends, maybe the Bank Holiday Monday and at Steel Park, where the atmosphere and attendance would be so much better. But If we are in play-offs they possibly take place over that weekend.

Like Andy Burgess I never saw R & D lose to Ploppies, and have great memories of those games. The Darby Derby at Rockingham Road in our Championship season was probably the best of many.
I think the rivalry is still there, even though we haven't played them in a competitive match since 2011. A game which the old club lost 2-1 :sad:

I think on the day, we'll see the rivalry is still as strong as it ever was, and once we play them in the league, I can see it intensifying.

I just hope it passes without incident, K*ttering seemed to attract a fair few idiots, especially in games against us. Anyone remember that clown in the white shirt who was trying to provoke our supporters at The Rockinghorse, when we beat them 3-0?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Attendance will definitely be over 1000, a lot of floating fans and interested neutrals will turn out for this i'm convinced. Whether we put a full strength team out depends of course on league position - but that's a hypothetical question at the moment.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I think the rivalry is going to divide half the fan base and im in the half where I couldn't care less now.. Perhaps it's just because it's a pointless cup match and if it was a league maybe it would be different. I only had a look at poppynet earlier to see what the reaction was to the final and that too is half and half..

Trouble is it all died when our club did, I can't imagine hating a team when as a "new club" and new is what we are ain't played them on the green stuff yet. To me, and maybe I'm one of the few but that's all history, we are AFC now. It should be about the future of the club starting from the bottom rather than what happened 5 and 10 years ago.. Someone has posted that scum never change but also had been mentioned that both fan bases are similar in size and respect to us from starting from where we did.

Segregation will be needed no doubt, yes there will be some morons who have forgotten we are different but to be fair there will be some on our side that don't go that often and will have the intention of giving our club a bad name..

I can just imagine the atmosphere now, probably a few Darby songs, maybe Curtis Osano, what about kurt Robinsons name.. And of course no doubt Ladak!! :rolleyes:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Maybe Guest of Honour on the day should be Duane Darby!! Who was the guy that Duane headbutted and ended up it court for it?
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Brett mcnamara !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

corby diamond wrote: I only had a look at poppynet earlier to see what the reaction was to the final and that too is half and half..
No chance, we all know they are all obsessed with our club. While they did almost nothing to save KTFC in there hour of need, even blindly following people like Mr Rolls. In the end they had to be saved by whip round after whip round from fans from 'other' clubs only to then go and spend large parts of that money on an increased playing budget. Just goes to show you the type of fans they are. Even when a large % of them rolled over and gave up and turned there back on the club to start KFC..... they couldn't even manage that :biggrin: :biggrin:

A prime example being large dazza, giving it this and that for all those years, only to start watching another club instead of KTFC and in the end turning his back and walking away. Bet you he pops up again after all these years, typical type of KTFC 'fan'

Where as we have started again as a community club with everyone involved and making great advances, wouldn't surprise me if we're back higher in the league then them within the next 3-4years as we're all pulling together as a club.

We should be very proud of what we have done in the last few years and the direction we're all heading. This is a massive game for us and it wouldn't surprise me if we not only take more fans then them, but turn them over once again!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183