[ Sat 19th Mar ] v Uxbridge, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: [ Sat 19th Mar ] v Uxbridge, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

What on earth is happening?!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

We just don't look good enough. Crisis? I'd say so.
AFC R & D member number 34
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Ref was awful but that doesn't excuse our sudden inability to play football.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

New signings look class. Manship and Jepson bossed it. Would like to see 3/4 more signings this week as I don't think we've signed enough lately. Anyone decent on the bench for K*ttering today?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

The side has been completely abliterated with new faces who don't look any better than
An what we already had (apart from sandy who was mom today). Looks to me if peaks you has written off the rest of this season and building for next. If that's the case then there's not much point in attending any more games this season as it's all been forgot about. Not be so bad if Uxbridge had of been a decent side but they looked no better than most of the teams we faced last season. They were ecstatic at the final whistle
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:New signings look class. Manship and Jepson bossed it. Would like to see 3/4 more signings this week as I don't think we've signed enough lately. Anyone decent on the bench for K*ttering today?
But couldn't do enough to to been a weak Uxbridge side. Slightly unfair to but blame on new faces I know, not
But I think your wrong with bossed it. Although I'm feeling that your post may have been somewhat sarcastic?
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

There have been too many changes to the squad which has not created competition for places, instead, it has unsettled several players. The team in February was doing fine and has gone away from playing football to frightened to slip up and being far too cautious.
Return to the system that got us where we were, top, 2nd, 3rd, and give the team that belief of, playing well will bring results.
Bringing in players who are considered better because they have played a higher level, does not mean the team will be improved. The odd, gradual introduction, works, sweeping, hurried, wholesale changes, doesn't work.

The team must feel deflated and pressured not to lose.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Absolutely disgraceful. I hate getting on the players backs but how is Stevenson starting? Only a few looked up for it today and with other teams around us dropping points that is simply not good enough. I believe we will get 5th spot but the last 3 games have been diabolical. New signings have come in and done well, credit to Elliot Sandy. 3 points is absolutely vital next Saturday.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Bit unfair to expect the new signings to hit the ground running after a couple of games, but I thought Sandy did look really good. Thought Stevo and Hoban were awful, Kennedy underwhelming and Hall's feet weren't working with his brain.
Last edited by ParcelFace on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

Wow we have really hit the self destruct button, baring sandy it was still pretty poor today. I honestly don't think our management team is good enough and after being near the dug out there was almost no encouragement and advice coming from there through out the game it's like they either have given up or don't know what to do.