What the hell...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: What the hell...

Post by therushden »

i agree with the last 5 posts.
congrats to crawley, they did a job on us. as always.
we always struggle against teams that get in our faces and stop us having the flowing football we win so many games with.
midfield was largely bypassed tonight and when the big hoof came, farrel did the best he could, j-lo was never going to be given space by them.
ref was poor.
i don't expect too much from monday either. we never do any good at kiddy.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I can hardly believe some of the comments on this thread.
The players have been magnificent for the last 3 months, way above expectations.

I think we can forgive a slightly off the pace performance against a difficult opponent. Any one who has seen the last 2 away games knows how much the players have given to get those superb results - a 3rd. monumental effort in 6 days was expecting rather a lot.

I am perfectly happy with last night's point.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

rushdenman wrote:I can hardly believe some of the comments on this thread.
The players have been magnificent for the last 3 months, way above expectations.

I think we can forgive a slightly off the pace performance against a difficult opponent. Any one who has seen the last 2 away games knows how much the players have given to get those superb results - a 3rd. monumental effort in 6 days was expecting rather a lot.

Nice to read some sense, I cannot believe what I have logged on this morning to read. Players not deserving their money? Huke terrible? JE a muppet for playing the game on a Friday?

Bunch of arrogant and quite frankly clueless crybabies on this thread if that is their true opinion in the cold light of day, and if they feel the need to rant like that after the final whistle, just a few childish muppets themselves throwing their toys out of the pram because we didn't win 5-0.

Last night was not a great performance. It was a tired performance against a well-organised physical and dirty team intent on not playing football. It comes in the middle of a fantastic, energy sapping run where every player has done the club proud. I suggest those that only turn up to certain games and are too busy posting their ill-informed opinions all over this website every week get more informed before letting rant.

Rarrely would I be this annoyed, but after what we have had to put up with during recent years, one home draw against Crawley is not the end of the world, so grow up and dont act like it.

Support the players, they have earned it!
Member Number: 21
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't know if some of those comments are aimed at me, but i attend all home matches and the majority of away matches so i'd say i was perfectly placed to say whatever i liked.

However, i do regret some of the things i said yesterday i was just pissed off because the game was so frustrating to watch, particularly coming after such a great performance on Tuesday. I certainly didn't boo because in reality the hard work the lads have put in the last few months means the result probably won't even matter. I'll be there against Kiddy on Tuesday supporting the boys.

One thing i won't retract is what i said about Jefferson Louis, he didn't have a good game at all and i still don't know why he played.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I believe that JE started with Louis because he probably felt he may have had a point to proove to Steve Evans and could unsettle those burly Crawley defenders. Unfortunately, he wasn't on song and at times was isolated relying on a punted service from Dale and I guess Jefferson be the first to admit that he didn't have his best game for us last evening.

However, I feel that Louis, on balance, has been a great signing for us and hope he is given a permanent deal in the summer. ;)
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote:I believe that JE started with Louis because he probably felt he may have had a point to proove to Steve Evans and could unsettle those burly Crawley defenders. Unfortunately, he wasn't on song and at times was isolated relying on a punted service from Dale and I guess Jefferson be the first to admit that he didn't have his best game for us last evening.

However, I feel that Louis, on balance, has been a great signing for us and hope he is given a permanent deal in the summer. ;)
I would agree with that. I think he has added something to our attack, although he didn't have the best of games last night. In the second half it didn't help that he always had two on him.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mad Dog wrote:
Trek wrote:I believe that JE started with Louis because he probably felt he may have had a point to proove to Steve Evans and could unsettle those burly Crawley defenders. Unfortunately, he wasn't on song and at times was isolated relying on a punted service from Dale and I guess Jefferson be the first to admit that he didn't have his best game for us last evening.

I would agree with that. I think he has added something to our attack, although he didn't have the best of games last night. In the second half it didn't help that he always had two on him.
I'd agree with that too - and he really seems to bonded with the rest of the squad - look at his celebration after the Stevenage goal for a good example. He didn't have a bad first half last night, showing decent pace a couple of times, but did tire on the soft pitch.

Unfortunately he seems to have had his best games away from Nene Park, which means that some who rarely travel away have got a false impression of his contribution - although some of the opinions seem rather blinkered.
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

rushdenman wrote:I can hardly believe some of the comments on this thread.

I agree with you, Would you prefer us to be mid or bottom table? We are in the best posn table wise that we have been in some time, we have a REALLY good team that i believe will take us to the playoffs, something i could only dream could happen at the start of the season,and yet they have to endure comments like this,booing them and making comments