A total disgrace......

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Turveyman

Re: A total disgrace......

Post by Turveyman »

I didn't hear the booing but the participants should be ashamed of themselves unless their target was the referee or Crawley. It was a frustrating evening - I hate it when teams like Crawley win or gain a point as they give football a bad name. From where I was sitting I could hear Evans and his assistant shouting for the whole game. They are a pair of foul mouthed bullies who should not be allowed anywhere near a football ground - the fourth official spent a lot of time talking to them both but I feel they intimidated the referee and linesmen.
However, how can anyone in their right mind boo our team ? They looked tired but never stopped trying and, after all, how many people seriously expected us to be in the play offs at the start of the season? I for one thought 8th would be our best finishing position. JEMS and the team have exceeded expectations. I think congratulations are in order irrespective of what happens for the rest of the season.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

I thought the booing was to Crawley and ref, because of there frustrating tactics and time wasting! Hope the players and JEMS read this . Hope it does out affect team morale for monday.
roadrunner

Post by roadrunner »

i was just glad to be back at nene park last night after being diagnosed with heart problems in november and having major heart surgery six weeks ago,so although they didnt play well they still picked up a point.i just think that some people really need to lighten up and stop moaning about nothing.yeah you pay your money and so are entitled to say what you like,well just remember that footballers are people and not robots.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I musta been switched off mentally after the final whistle, cos I really don't recall hearing any booing, that's probably just my age though :lol: :lol:
It was a poor effort last night, the system didn't get going and we didn't change it (again), BUT we didn't lose so it's not that bad. Crawley are another team below us who had to beat us and didn't so we inch our way forward. It's never going to be rah rah total football every game, we're gonna slip up. Better to do it in the regular season than the play-offs.
The ref was an absolute shocker how the hell did we end up with 3 bookings and they had none (1?), it was just not an even playing field from him and that frustrated the hell out of everyone.

To the management and players ;- don't worry about the small minority who booed, the hardcore majority back you and understand you've done a terrific job this season. Keep up the good work.
AFC R & D member number 34
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Well I was booing and I also have only just started coming back to Nene Park. But in my defence I was booing the Crawley display, the time wasting tactics towards the end with substituted players making sure they were on the far side of the pitch before taking the long slow walk and then the goalkeeper going down like he'd been shot when he hadn't been touched particularly got my goat. I was dissapointed with the display last night from our team but that is only natural after the terrific display up the road the other night. I shalln't appologise for booing because I certainly was not aiming it at our players. If that is what other people were doing then I think they are more than a little misguided.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I hope that someone on the "inside" is able to make it clear to JEMS and the players that any booing of the team last night was not done by genuine R & D FC supporters but by a very, very small number of idiots with brains smaller than an amoeba's (and that's an insult to the amoeba!).
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

rushdenman wrote:I hope that someone on the "inside" is able to make it clear to JEMS and the players that any booing of the team last night was not done by genuine R & D FC supporters but by a very, very small number of idiots with brains smaller than an amoeba's (and that's an insult to the amoeba!).
Like Chorlton said, it was probably aimed at the officials and Crawley.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
rushdenman wrote:I hope that someone on the "inside" is able to make it clear to JEMS and the players that any booing of the team last night was not done by genuine R & D FC supporters but by a very, very small number of idiots with brains smaller than an amoeba's (and that's an insult to the amoeba!).
It's usual that the booing of the ref waits until he reaches the tunnel. JE certainly seemed to think there was negativity towards the team. There was certainly plenty of that on here too from those early posts after the final whistle.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

If JE is genuinely that upset about a couple of fairweather supporters booing, then he should go and see what it is like when Cobblers lose. Or even draw.

He, and many other players have been in the game long enough to know what real negativity feels like.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Formic wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:
It's usual that the booing of the ref waits until he reaches the tunnel. JE certainly seemed to think there was negativity towards the team. There was certainly plenty of that on here too from those early posts after the final whistle.
The more I think about it, the more I believe that any booing must have been directed at the "anti football" style of playing adopted by Crawley and/or the ineptitude displayed by the referee, both of which were extremely frustrating. No right minded Rushden supporter would have booed our team even though it was a below par performance. That frustration would also explain some of the early postings by those still caught up in the heat of the moment.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.