Election 2010 Thread

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Election 2010 Thread

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Seeing as the GE's going to be called in the next couple of days I thought I'd get some debate going, who's going to win etc. I'll start by saying that if Nigel Farage appears on my TV much more than he has done in the past few days I'm going to need a new TV, it can't keep getting pushed to the floor and sustain the damage. If he wins in Buckingham I will explode in anger.

Discuss. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
woody

Re: Election 2010 Thread

Post by woody »

General Elections are great fun. All the 'he said, she said'. Plus those cheesy ads and broadcasts.....culminating with the SNOW Family presenting the 2010 SWINGOMETER.

Watch out for the lies, the outright lies..........and the DAMNED LIES

Notice that Gordon Brown's Scottish accent will be diluted until the results start arriving.

Can't wait (Now I never seem to watch TV when its broadcast, prefering to record or Iplayer catch up).Some PPBC's will never be seen, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As to who will win. The dirty tricks are still in the toy box, so EVENS STEVENS as of 2/4/10

LIB DEMS will pick up a few seats

PREDICTION THOUGH................THE INTERNET WILL BE THE REAL BATTLEFIELD THIS TIME
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Seeing as the GE's going to be called in the next couple of days I thought I'd get some debate going, who's going to win etc. I'll start by saying that if Nigel Farage appears on my TV much more than he has done in the past few days I'm going to need a new TV, it can't keep getting pushed to the floor and sustain the damage. If he wins in Buckingham I will explode in anger.

Discuss. ;)
To be fair, i thought he came over quite well on Have I got News for you and seemed to be a good sport. Having said that however, i would not even consider voting for him!! I really dont think he offers much, but then neither does Boris...
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Quite well? Hislop tour him apart it was fantastic :mrgreen:

I will be working election night as a runner on one of the counts in the area for the YP, YEP or T&A (tbd) should be fun.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm working as a vote counter for the Wellingborough + Rushden constituency, which will be fun and interesting. :D
wewantourdarbyback wrote:Quite well? Hislop tour him apart it was fantastic :mrgreen:
Sadly I couldn't stomach watching him for more than 2 minutes, he's just so annoying. It wouldn't be so bad but his party can't seem to get away from being single issue orientated. Everything has to boil down to the EU and how we should leave it and it gets very boring and predictable.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Actually they are branching out.... Into BNP territory.

They launched a campaign that Farage commented on that Taxi drivers should refuse to take illegal immigrants in their cabs because they should be for British people. Not sure how you tell who is or isn't an illegal immigrant though. Perhaps it's just anyone who looks a bit swarthy.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
PhilM2

Post by PhilM2 »

Is he one of the guys they released when the mental asylums closed ?
super noodles

Post by super noodles »

Justin Edinburgh for Prime Minister!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Hung Parliament. Another election in Sept/Oct time.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
woody

Post by woody »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I'm working as a vote counter for the Wellingborough + Rushden constituency, which will be fun and interesting. :D

So Shoes and socks off too????? :lol:

Its a good job its NOT KETTRIN, strange amount of fingers and toes up there me'thinks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly