Non-League Paper

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Non-League Paper

Post by Rushdenjim »

Todays 'big interview' is with JE and within the first two paragraphs building up to the interview the writers says that JE turned down a coaching role at Watford to stay with us in Feburary! Did i just miss that at the time or what :)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Non-League Paper

Post by BartonRaz »

I wonder how true that is. Watford haven't got a pot to piss in and bottom of their priorities would be paying compensation to a club just to add someone to the coaching staff.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

They wouldnt have to pay compensation as JE did not sign a contract.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ferrers wrote:They wouldnt have to pay compensation as JE did not sign a contract.
So he can theoretically go anywhere that wanted him and we would receive no fee?

Is that good business? :shock:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

ferrers wrote:They wouldnt have to pay compensation as JE did not sign a contract.

Oh yes he did http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 78,00.html, it had no time determined on it, but a signed contract all the same.
AFC R & D member number 34
wasteman

Post by wasteman »

Two of Diamonds wrote:

Oh yes he did http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 78,00.html, it had no time determined on it, but a signed contract all the same.
no time determined. which means he could walk away at anytime and i assume the club could not do anything about it.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

wasteman wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:

no time determined. which means he could walk away at anytime and i assume the club could not do anything about it.
I would more likely assume that there is more to the contract than we know, such as clauses which cover all eventualities. Tbh, there's no point worrying about this sort of thing, apart from that piece in the Non-League Paper, the rumour mill has been quiet, unlike with Cooper when it was one rumour a week.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

agree with u MD, im sure KC will have something in the contract, he seems to know what hes doing with them - taking Leon Knight as an example
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

wasteman wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:

I think he would consider it if it was another manergial post, but he must be enjoying his time here and still has alot of work to do, before he can move on to a higher level!
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I think he would consider it if it was another manergial post, but he must be enjoying his time here and still has alot of work to do, before he can move on to a higher level!
JE has done a very good job for us, but im sure he knows, that he has a lot more to learn before he is ready for too big a jump up the leagues. And if he doesn't know that, he should ask Cooper, who is doing a good job at where now? O yes, Unemployed United ;)