Oh Dear!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: Oh Dear!

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Ouch, was not expecting that. But we got some great times out of him and you could tell on Monday that he really wanted to win for the club.

Good luck Jamie.

Now, moving on, we need another CB.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Completely unexpected.

I respect the reasons given on the OS since I think Jamie Stuart still lives in Essex. I wish him all the best for the future.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Didn't see that one coming, but at his age and the travelling you can fully understand his situation.
Good luck & God bless you Jamie, our very own "cotton-eyed Joe" ;) :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Wimbledon tried to sign him in the summer along with Dempster, so not suprised thats who he joined.
Done a great job and the average age of our team has dropped somewhat!
CalversonDiamond

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Shocked at the decision but wish him a ll the best for the season and further endevours ;) looks like it could be a wierd month for the club let's hope we keep hold of most of the boys !!
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Surprised at the timing, as we desperately need a centre back, and tbh, I would now see we need two!

Thanks you for your commitment over the years, that has never been questionable.

I will say I think he has shown his age a bit recently, possibly without a solid partner next to him. I think now was most probably the best time for all parties. Let's e honest, there is more of a chance of the Wombles being football league next season than us, imo.
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

I did not expect that, hukes good on his day when hes actually fit and hopefully thorne will fill in well.

but jamie was a top player for the effort he put in
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Well we were told there would be changes to the Squad but i suppose this one is a surprise but it seems we have done another Hatswell, getting money for an ageing defender.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Sayes on Wikipedia that he lives in Sidcup, that's a hell of a journey every day.
Don't really see how we will be able to replace his ability and commitment, we desparately need to sign some experience at the back now.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

The flip side of the coin:

Occasionally when his performances were below par Stuart could get away with relatively little criticism wheras other players turning in the same level wouldn't have been excused as much.

He gave his all for the club and was smart enough to know when to call it time rather than staying too late.

Opens the door for Corcoran to prove himself at what I have always felt was his best position - CB, and as a potential future captain (assuming O'Connor gets the armband for now).

Just such a shame that his goal was, in terms of the result, meaningless. What a way to sign off that would have been!

Realistically he would have been one of the higher earners (in relative terms) at the club, so his wages could potentially go towards a more proven player than the standard signings we have become used to over the last few seasons.