[ Sat 23rd Jan ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
updiamonds

Re: [ Sat 23rd Jan ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

Post by updiamonds »

Thanks for that, looking forward to the game, should be a good close game. (With hopefully us, edging it) :biggrin:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

limprib81 wrote:Sorry, hope you all don't mind me jumping on to your forum!

Look forward to welcoming you on Saturday, I can see parking is a concern, however across the road from our ground is a Doctors Surgery which has ample parking.

Also, please feel free to come into our club house before and after the game for a pint!

If you have any other questions about us or Saturday, just shout.

:good:
Do you mean the Meadowcroft Surgery that is back across Jackson Road, two or three streets away, or is there another one rather nearer that isn't readily found on Google Streetview?
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Image The playing surface today looks great!! Think it will suit us very very well
paulg

Post by paulg »

Won 4-2, a terrific result as Aylesbury had only lost once at home all season. Well done to the lads.

Some good news elsewhere as well - Egham and Royston both lost at home, St Ives drew against a Godalming side that had a man sent off in the first half.

Chalfont once again relied on a couple of very late goals to dig out a 3-2 win over Aylesbury Utd from 2-0 down
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

when did our goals go in?
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Been waiting for us to lay down a marker of intent against one of the better teams for a while now and we have delivered today. I think the Stevenson signing might just be the difference come the end of the season, very good player who will get even better with a few more games under his belt.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought that was the best offensive performance I've seen from an AFC Diamonds side. Having two central strikers who are prepared to work for each other made a real difference, and Andy Hall is finally delivering the quality I'd expected from him. Shawn Richards is a class act. Brad and Bunts battled well throughout, with Bunts always seeming to anticipate where the ball would drop. Jon Stevenson was my MoM, but there were some excellent performances today.

We did look a bit shaky at the back, but the awful pitch didn't help either Finners or the Centre Backs when they tried to get off the ground to cut out crosses. If we play like that every week we'll be difficult to beat.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Spot on as usual Formic - thoroughly enjoyable game on a real pudding of a pitch. Some good results for us elsewhere too - I'm laid in a nice hot bath sipping a decent red wine with a smile on my face right now - would have taken a point before the game (and having seen the pitch which was shocking) but to take all 3 in that manner - well pleased !!

We're true title contenders and whilst last weeks 8-1 could be taken lightly, this result really shows our intent!

Wishing my life away and looking forward to next Saturday already :biggrin:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Basil

Post by Basil »

I thought we were excellent today, Aylesbury were good in patches, the stadium is the worst we've ever visited and the pitch wasn't much better!! Thoroughly professional performance against a good team. Only downside was the injury to Bunts - hope he's fit for Beaconsfield.

On the negative side though yet again we were involved in a skirmish at the end of the game. It may have been a horrendous late challenge on Finners (couldn't really see it from the other end of the ground) but why can't our players just walk away from these type of situations?? We were 4-2 up with seconds to go and yet we still want to get involved instead of letting the ref deal with it!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Best away result of the season so far. Some really good performances on a real glue pot of a pitch. I lost count how many times players were trying to scrape the sticky clinging mud off their boots.

A really strong resolute defensive display in the second half limiting Aylesbury to only a couple of decent chances despite them having most of the play.

Probably Delroy Gordons best match and he has had quite a few good ones this season.

Third game in a row opposition reduced to 10 men.

Only complaint which I think many of you will echo........PLEASE GUYS STAY AWAY TROUBLE!!! DONT GET SO INVOLVED .
We could so easily have had another Kings Langley incident.