[ Sat 31st October ] v Ilkeston Town, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 31st October ] v Ilkeston Town, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

Post by rossco »

To me this has gone 1 of 2 ways:
Either we’ve completely messed up dates and procedures/guidelines (but surely the FA would step in if we had) it OR
Ilkeston have misunderstood the situation and overreacted (but then surely we would explain and get it sorted for Saturday)
I’m confused and as has been said - I doubt this is the last we’ll hear about it....
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Don't have any doubts that we have acted other than correctly. Our secretary is well aware of protocols and procedures. Sadly for reasons known only to themselves they have over reacted and made a knee jerk action. It is surely not a coincidence that the whole of Derbyshire has been raised to the "High" level today. Are they hiding something??
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 pm Don't have any doubts that we have acted other than correctly. Our secretary is well aware of protocols and procedures. Sadly for reasons known only to themselves they have over reacted and made a knee jerk action. It is surely not a coincidence that the whole of Derbyshire has been raised to the "High" level today. Are they hiding something??
To be fair, does their statement say that we have done anything wrong, not followed protocol etc?

Their mention of Govt guidance for football differing from everyday life seems to suggest they are saying that although we are within the rules, they are going to go further.

Agreed that if they didn't speak to the club before issuing the statement, they should have done.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Having read their statement it does come over as a slight over reaction, but if by some chance it was done to court favour from the football community then it appears to have been successful.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:42 pm Having read their statement it does come over as a slight over reaction, but if by some chance it was done to court favour from the football community then it appears to have been successful.
Do they have Dominic Cummings or Alastair Campbell on the payroll
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

After I heard it was match on I purchased tickets.. what happens now with those if it ain’t played before next week?
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Businesses do not close if an employee tests positive, if covid secure procedures have been followed and the health authorities have ok'd them to continue trading.
I'd certainly expect and trust our covid team have followed all the required guidance. Who knows what Ilkeston are up to?
AFC R & D member number 34
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

well,does anyone know if the game is on or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Still holding out on buying tickets, till Ilkeston say otherwise.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

discodunk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:13 pm well,does anyone know if the game is on or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I guess as things stand we haven't called the game off, Ilkeston are just refusing to play. A bit of a difficult one but the club needs to say something or people could start turning up at Hayden Road tomorrow expecting a game.

I'd be interested to know what advice the club has received from the FA that presumably contradicts the advice from Public Health England regarding 14 day isolation periods. That's assuming the player has been in contact with the whole squad, which if they haven't, puts a whole different perspective on things. Presumably that would have been said in our initial statement if it was the case.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291