[ Sat 23rd Jul ] v Daventry Town FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Jul ] v Daventry Town FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by GreekDiamond »

I don’t think we need to be seeing Lewis Wilson trial again Vs Brackley. Jack Connor was impressive coming on
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:41 pm Afraid to say IMO result flattered us. 2 goalkeeper mistakes & scored with last kick. 2 lad Miguel & Jack from Northampton look good but still a side of 11 and not a team. 2 left foot central defenders leave us un balanced . At this stage of pre season we should know our starting 11but we still only have 10 on books?? Concerned 🤔
Truth speaker! Second goalie could’ve been pulled from the stands.
Few interesting players ngwa, Connor have come in. Don’t think Daventry offered anything going forward, second half they changed defence almost completely. No wonder we looked professional.
Was hoping for bigger steps than this 2 weeks before season
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Do we know what's happening with this Fossen chap?
Ricky330
Has Liked: 307 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Still no clearance from FA to let him.play
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:40 pm Still no clearance from FA to let him.play
Not sure why he didn’t play v Loughborough? Players can take part in closed door friendlies without clearance. He’ll be able to get a provisional clearance after 30 days anyway - just hope it gets sorted sooner.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

jesus christ,,,,i was coming on here expecting everyone to be upbeat,,,,,i thought today was a step in the right direction,,,its usually me whos got something to grump about,,,,,positives ,i thought paddy and hughsey were class today,tom and jack bowen were kept quiet ,shame about hicksey getting injured early doors,,the lads rallied and did well,,,number 9 (ivan tony look alike,,was that lewis wilson?)not for me,,offered very little the number 15 that replaced him was what we have been looking for ,worked hard,a handfull around the box,and won most of the headers he challanged for.....and the youngster who was up front with him,,jenson? was pissing them right off ,,got them rattled,and took his goal well,,,,daventry were no push overs,some strong physical lads there.i think we need a couple of old war horses,,,but im happy with todays performance,,conner furlong also had a good game,,,clean sheet :good: :good:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Andy talks to AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

So one of the trialists was Lewis Wilson today? Do we know who the others were? From twitter I know we had Aziamale in a previous game (Yao Christophe Aziamale I'm assuming from research, formally of Cefn Druids and Sutton Common Rovers last season), did he play today and any others?

While I can't comment on the performance as I wasn't there, surely we've got to take the result as a big positive considering just 11 days ago we we thumped by a step 5 team? I'm still apprehensive going into the last two friendlies about what this team will be like come the start of the season, particularly with a real lack of senior experience and at this level in the squad (and not to mention the fact we still don't have a full starting 11 signed up yet), but nevertheless still looking forward to seeing what we can do when we do gel as there is plenty of potential and talent in the squad no doubt.

Oh and can we assume we've seen the last of Tshikuna? Had featured consistently in the first few games but absent in the last few? Real shame if that is the case, not surprising for sure, but would be a big loss imo, I love what he brings to the team.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

discodunk wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:18 pm jesus christ,,,,i was coming on here expecting everyone to be upbeat,,,,,i thought today was a step in the right direction,,,its usually me whos got something to grump about,,,,,positives ,i thought paddy and hughsey were class today,tom and jack bowen were kept quiet ,shame about hicksey getting injured early doors,,the lads rallied and did well,,,number 9 (ivan tony look alike,,was that lewis wilson?)not for me,,offered very little the number 15 that replaced him was what we have been looking for ,worked hard,a handfull around the box,and won most of the headers he challanged for.....and the youngster who was up front with him,,jenson? was pissing them right off ,,got them rattled,and took his goal well,,,,daventry were no push overs,some strong physical lads there.i think we need a couple of old war horses,,,but im happy with todays performance,,conner furlong also had a good game,,,clean sheet :good: :good:

Can't believe your positive/happy Dunc 😂 Totally agree I thought a solid performance and lots of positives and some good football played against a dav team who were very long ball. Back 4 and sneds solid & composed,defended our box very well considering dav very big & direct,fair few long throws into the box aswell. Thought both Courtney & Evan had very good games. Evan I'd get on contract ASAP.

Two lads from cobblers done really well. Miguel looked sharp & caused them problems,Jack O'connor up top looked a strong lad,he won headers & certainly got between both centre backs & caused problems,hopefully him and jensen click together. Connor furlong looks to be enjoying his football and looks threat. So for me credit where credit is due 👏

With the huge rebuild going on which is going to take time,yes like everyone I'd be lying to say I wasn't/am concerned, but their is definitely progress being made from few weeks ago but it won't happen overnight, I'm pretty sure they'll be more comings & goings over the next few months when more players become available after trialing here there & everywhere or trying to get extra few quid.

It's no secret that our resources are very very limited compared to 80% of our league,we've punched for few years now & with all these changes its going to be tough & definitely going to take time,our catchment area its now more difficult than ever with local clubs spending well, Including teams in ucl paying silly £££.

So for me if their is ever a time to all pull together it's now, and lets give the staff & our young squad our full backing
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 pm Oh and can we assume we've seen the last of Tshikuna? Had featured consistently in the first few games but absent in the last few? Real shame if that is the case, not surprising for sure, but would be a big loss imo, I love what he brings to the team.
If this is the case, as is looking increasingly likely, then I think it's the wrong decision. If indeed it was our decision. Granted he hasn't been great in the friendlies but we all know what he can bring to the table.

Haven't been to any of the games since Stamford but a 3-0 win is surely a massive step in the right direction.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291