Oh Dear!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Oh Dear!

Post by BartonRaz »

Apparently Mark Creighton - a player i've always liked - is available from Oxford on a free. He's surely worth a punt.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:Apparently Mark Creighton - a player i've always liked - is available from Oxford on a free. He's surely worth a punt.
Yes Please.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Gutted he has gone, a true leader on the pitch. Always showed great hunger and commitment, good luck at AFC.
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

First Kurt goes, now Jamie. Will this unsettle Justin regarding signing a new contract?

It certainly appears that the Essex boys are now considering their position.

I hope Justin stays and puts together a new young squad that in time may challenge for the play offs or even promotion. Think however that this years tilt is now over with the loss of the teams main talisman.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I'd suggest Robbo's departure was Justin's idea.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

BartonRaz wrote:Apparently Mark Creighton - a player i've always liked - is available from Oxford on a free. He's surely worth a punt.
You haven't got a link for that mate?

In the meantime according to their local rag he and Wrexham may be looking to get a permanent move:

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/sport/8769 ... rd_United/
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

After Monday's performance, it's not the best one to remember Stuart from. At fault a number of times from dropping back and playing players onside. Could have been punished a number of times for these mistakes.
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Last year he dragged our team to where we finished, i had my doubts when he was first signed but what a great defender and leader he turned out to be, this has seriously rocked our play off chances for this season, we were leaky enough at the back anyway, but i cant help but feel that he may have wanted a fresh start after recent ongoings.

Jamie you will get a warm welcome whenever you return to nene park ( from me atleast), good luck in the future and get promotion ahead of Cral£y and Lu-town

Surely you can't rule out porter for captancy even if o'connor has been 2nd to stuart, i've never been a fan of a striker as a captain..
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

DiamondsR4ever wrote: i've never been a fan of a striker as a captain..
Me neither, I've always liked to see a captain in the midfield. Communication is much easier from there and a captain should be able to see the game from the middle of everything.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I wouldn't rule out more departures, including the likes of Porter and O'Connor (The only two players left IMO who are actually worth anything).

There clearly seems to be a massive overhaul going on, and i can't help but think that the combination of Robinson leaving and Dale's death won't have helped matters in this particular deal.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291