[ Tue 17th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Tue 17th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by mikerd »

A good 3-0 win at home (at last) it would be nice to see a good few more home wins, before the season closes out.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote:I'll give you a quote from another famous footballer, who I used to watch as a teenager namely Danny Blanchflower.

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”
Spot on. I accept we won't win every match, but we should at least be trying to keep it down and trying to play football. Certainly at least be able to play a simple passing game. Ultimately it is about entertainment as much as winning.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

We didn't go last night, we caught up with a couple that had been to watch and they said it was a good job Rugby had a man sent off, because we were poor. We watched Cogenhoe v Sileby, great match, entertaining and plenty of goals, pitch was excellent.
Happy Days.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I know this is completely the wrong thread for this but as there's no other appropriate thread to discuss potential players of interest....

http://www.stneotstownfc.co.uk/breaking ... quest.html

James Hall has left St Neots this morning. Now, I accept that the article above doesn't paint him in a great light, but he has scored 15 goals this season in a struggling side. Last season he scored 39 goals for a mixture of Godmanchester Rovers and Cambridge City.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

I don't know if anyone went to Corby last night but reading the reports they tried to play expansive attractive football and lost 2-1 and sit 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. I know which one I would prefer.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

bozzer wrote:I don't know if anyone went to Corby last night but reading the reports they tried to play expansive attractive football and lost 2-1 and sit 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. I know which one I would prefer.
I think the issue is that we know our players are capable of BOTH playing attractive football and winning at the same time.
AFC R & D member number 34