Players In. Players Out.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AdamSRJFC

Re: Players In. Players Out.

Post by AdamSRJFC »

FOOTYMAN wrote:Losing Lance ? If the way he has been treated is considered acceptable, we are not a very community spirited club. The way Starmer has treated Lance, in public, is borderline Bullying. If the manner in which to express some dissatisfaction with a player, is to humiliate him, then something is wrong with the management. This has been evident for all to see.
Our management, one of the best in the league, chose not to bring Lance on, and instead brought Ben on. Ben scored 2/3? goals for the U21's on Saturday and had an extremely good game, so deserved his chance tonight. It's just ridiculous to say Lance is being 'bullied'
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

that will be the player who got his head down and worked week in and week out with the U21's wouldn't it, and got his reward last night just as it should be.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

bozzer wrote:that will be the player who got his head down and worked week in and week out with the U21's wouldn't it, and got his reward last night just as it should be.
Indeed, players stick around, show the effort and commitment, such as Sean has done, will get their chance.

Quite rightly, players who post stupid comments on social media probably won't get the chance.

If any of the players have a problem, they should go through the management and respectfully tell them their views, such as Elliot and Wizz have done, no comments on Twitter etc from either of them when they weren't playing, the right way to go about it
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Well said bozzer !! Hopefully lance will see that as a motivator - if he showed half as much effort into warming up as Ben did he might have got the gig? Two sides to every story, but I'd hate to see lance leave because I rate the lad highly, but at the end of the day that's his choice to make.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I fully agree with all this nonsense on Twitter. Can't stand the site to be honest, and footballers should not air their frustrations

However saying that I don't think there has been a more patient player than lance in the last couple of years. We can all say about sian waiting for his chance, and he did that well. But lance doesn't seem to get much chance to show what he can do on the field from what I can see. Obviously I don't see the training side of it, but bringing lance on for the last minute of play is just an insult.

I have faith in starms, I do but my own personal opinion is going in at 4 1 at half time should be the time to rotate your squad and trial out new ways. There has been times when Nat has been off his game, which surely could have been lances opportunity
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

AdamSRJFC wrote:
FOOTYMAN wrote:Losing Lance ? If the way he has been treated is considered acceptable, we are not a very community spirited club. The way Starmer has treated Lance, in public, is borderline Bullying. If the manner in which to express some dissatisfaction with a player, is to humiliate him, then something is wrong with the management. This has been evident for all to see.
Our management, one of the best in the league, chose not to bring Lance on, and instead brought Ben on. Ben scored 2/3? goals for the U21's on Saturday and had an extremely good game, so deserved his chance tonight. It's just ridiculous to say Lance is being 'bullied'
This may be the question we are looking for the answer to. Instead of leaving Lance unplayed or an unused substitute, why isn't he playing for the U21 side ? This would give him the same match fitness and game time and confidence that we have seen from Ben.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

bozzer wrote:that will be the player who got his head down and worked week in and week out with the U21's wouldn't it, and got his reward last night just as it should be.
Agree, I think we can all understand how frustrating it is for Lance so we don`t need to read about it on Twitter etc, he needs to look at who is keeping him out :?: he has age on his side with the majority, get his head down a keep training and working hard, his chance will come as long as he does that.
We all know what we get from Ben 100% every time all the time (a good example to all the squad) he may possibly have not expected to get on last night ahead of Lance but he sure as hell isn`t going to request he stays on the bench in favour of others. Ben is IMO the one player from the original squad who could have missed out, sorry Ben but will have to make mention of AGE :o But he made the most of every opportunity he got last season, and has took stock of the situation this season and gone on another route, Coaching Badges, Involvement with Under 21s etc etc not that he doesn`t want to get on the pitch when ever an opportunity may arise, and when his name ever appears on this forum with tales of leaving :roll: etc, i`ll stick with theory No 1, that he may well be last man standing at the Club in years to come out of all the players who were there last August V Thrapston in whatever roll.
Please Lance take note, i`m sure you want it to work, and it`s obvious from all that is said on here, around the ground and in the bar, the vast majority if not all the fans want you around in weeks, months and years to come. But it`s down to you and you alone, look at your warm up last night as opposed to some of the others subs, as I said to you after the game, stick in there put the work in and i`m sure it will happen, your not only a decent player but a bloody nice lad as well, so again please don`t do something that you may regret later and will also piss me right off :lol:
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

AFC R&D Membership No 283
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sucker :roll:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Footyman with your contacts up the road you should not have fallen for that one :o and from a FRIEND of yours as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still at least knowing it didn't start with them you can be confident the Gary Mills rumour is likely to hold water :D