[ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

Post by Sid »

therushden wrote:st ives won
Monday is massive, localish game, winners in Southern Prem, losers probably dumped into NPL (1) South :unsure:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

monday? best get some diesel then. come on you whites/yellows/reds.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Can someone tell me what Dan Quigley has for breakfast? I'd love to try it. Never seen a player win so many second balls in a match - what a performance.

Tonight was incredible. Every single player earnt their weight, fitting that another ex-Diamonds youth player went through and won the critical penalty - well done Mr Bowen!

Gutting for Claudiu, said as soon as his first booking came in he needed to be taken straight off and saved for the final. Will he be suspended?

On a personal note, I'm praying for a whopping storm Sunday night so I don't miss the biggest game in clubs history due to work.

Proud to be a Diamond tonight. Fans were brilliant, tactics were spot on, players were immense (even/especially Harris). Bring on Monday!
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Gutting for Claudiu, said as soon as his first booking came in he needed to be taken straight off and saved for the final. Will he be suspended?
Yes he will
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

diamondsteve wrote:Yeah apparently it's in the playoff rules that if someone gets sent off it takes effect straight away :huh:
That's a bit rubbish that it's not consistent with the league but entirely fair! Think it'll be the same as tonight then but with Richards on the left and Hall on the right.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

What a brilliant dominating performance! Not sure if it's luck or by judgment the way we have found the new formation but it certainly worked tonight. Best all round performance for a long time, great turn out of fans to.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

What an excellent performance, aceeeeee all the way around. 2-1 get in there. :biggrin: :clapping:

Throughly deserved win, thought the whole team worked there socks off, congratulations goes to the whole squad on the performance they gave. :clapping:

One more big performance from the lads, and we get promoted. Let's go to St Ives and win. :biggrin:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Absolutely incredible performance. To be totally honest I had no idea some of our lads had that sort of display in them. The untried and untested central midfield trio were unreal, and what a player Bowen is.

Play like that on Monday and we are going up. Simple as that!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

So glad Peaksy listened to my suggested starting lineup! :good:

What an absolutely outstanding performance tonight, I haven't stopped grinning yet. Everyone, to a man, was superb, the level of effort and determination was nothing short of epic. If only we'd shown that effort for the past 2 months, we'd have won the league no problem, but if we can reproduce it in the final and beat St. Ives then all that will be long forgotten.

Can't remember the last time I was this proud of the team. Well done lads, same again on Monday please! :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Pete »

Brilliant night, of course. Outstanding.

But...

Can you really consider a top level side, say Champs League semi final second leg, or World Cup semi final, or even just professional level playoff semi finals, being 2-0 up against ten men who have an emergency keeper in goal, with ten mins to go and cruising but with several players on yellows, not immediately taking off those players most likely to get sent off? I thought the lack of pretty obvious substitutions made the game way more close than it should have been in the end.

Something to learn from, I would hope.